Saturday, 24 November 2012

e.l.f Luscious Liquid Lipsticks.



e.l.f Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips and Bark (£1.50 from e.l.f). 

I love the idea of a liquid lipstick- all of the colour and intensity of a lipstick without the drying formula. For £1.50 I couldn't not try them (how many times have I said that) so I thought I'd try two different shades. I personally quite like the packaging, though I can see how some people might find it cheap and annoying. The applicator is a hard foam end through which the gloss surfaces by twisting the bottom of the applicator. I'd say be careful with this because more comes out than you originally expect. Some may find this unhygienic but I actually think this is more hygienic than pulling an applicator in and out of the product like most lip glosses.  

On the website swatches Baby Lips looks like a beautiful baby pink and Bark looks like my natural lip colour. However, in real life Baby Lips is more of a clear shimmery gloss and Bark a weaker version of the colour the website promises. Neither of these glosses offer great colour pay off but I do like the finish- it's less of a gloss and more of a glossy lipstick. The gloss itself is really quite minty in scent and taste which gives a tingly sensation although it doesn't plump your lips up per-se. I think I've chose two quite similar colours but I'm really tempted to try some of the other colours in the future- Cherry Tart and Ruby Slipper look quite intriguing. I actually quite like these products but I don't think they quite deliver on their colour swatches. Have you tried elf liquid lipsticks?  

No comments:

Post a Comment