Wednesday, 7 November 2012

She Said Beauty Box: November (initial thoughts).

It's that time again you guys; I can't believe my November box has arrived! You can see a full review of my September box here  and my initial thoughts on my August and October boxes hereBefore I get started, just in case you've never come across She Said Beauty or beauty boxes in general, here's a mini explanation of what's going on. She Said Beauty boxes cost £9 per month plus £2.95 P&P and you can sign up for your subscription here. Along with your monthly box you get weekly emails from the SSB team with exclusive offers, hints and tips. You also get to set up your own SSB profile page which is a really nice idea as you can interact with other SSB subscribers. The contents of the November box were tailored to your responses to a small beauty questionnaire (e.g skin type, skin colour, preferences etc). In each monthly box you get a card with details of the products included in your box in addition to pricing information and some exclusive discount codes.




You may have read my last SSB post in which I was fairly disappointed with the somewhat small sample sized products that were in the October box. I just felt that the contents of last month's box didn't really justify the £9 price tag and I was having doubts about whether to continue my subscription. However, SSB have pulled it back this month and all is forgiven! My November box contains: Andrew Barton Hold It Right There Surefix Grips and Ponybands (both full size); Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream (5ml sample); Redken Smooth Lock Shampoo and Conditioner (sachet samples); Makebelieve Enhance Luminize Skin Highlighter (full size); Yardley Royal English Daisy EdT (sample size); Murrays Manicure Matchbook Nail Files (full size). 

I've heard of all of these brands, minus Murrays Manicure, but have never tried any of these products before which is exciting. I think I'm most excited to try the Makebelieve highlighter as I've really gotten into my highlighters over the past year or so and this will be the first cream highlighter I've used. I really like the Redken colour protect spray that was in my August SSB box and I really like heat protection hair products so this shampoo and conditioner could be the ones for me! I always liked Andrew Barton when he was on 10 Years Younger but I sometimes think these kinds of hair products can be a bit gimiky but I'll give them a go for sure. Yardley conjures up images of old ladies at WI meetings to me and I don't typically like floral scents but that's the beauty of subscription boxes- you can try something you normally wouldn't without the commitment of buying a full size product with a full size price tag! There's also three discount codes in the November box for Redken, Makebelieve and Weleda so depending on how I find these products I may have to use one or two of these! I'll write a full review of the products once I've given them all a go so keep your peepers peeled for that. Let me know your initial thoughts on any of your subscription boxes in the comments below!  

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a great box! I love seeing what others got!
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently cancelled my sub box due to lack of funds, but seems like you've gotten a good box this go-around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pleased with this month's box :] x

      Delete