Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla (£10.99, Boots and Superdrug).
I've been wanting to try this foundation for agesssss but haven't been able to justify buying yet another foundation. The clincher for me was that it was £4 off in Tesco so I couldn't not get it could I? After loving Bourjois' 123 Perfect Foundation, I knew that 51 Light Vanilla would be the perfect shade for me. I've heard great things about both the Healthy Mix Foundation and Serum but I wasn't sure which one to go for. In the end, I went for the foundation purely because the emphasis of the serum seemed to be more on the side of radiance and dewiness. I love the packaging of this foundation- the plastic bottle is perfect for clumsy people like me, I'm always worried about smashing glass foundation bottles. I also love that the base rises as the level of foundation falls; I find that this minimises waste when the foundation reaches its last days.
I'd say that this foundation gives flawless medium to full coverage and is buildable in problem areas. It's great for covering redness, large pores and blemishes as well as providing even colour and a smooth finish. This foundation doesn't have a truly matte finish and does give a slight radiance and dewiness which I personally don't like but this is easily combated by using a powder over the top. Although the foundation for the most part last all day, I have found that it does start to show shine through on my oily areas towards the end of the day.
The unique selling point of this foundation is that it contains 'radiance-boosting fruit therapy', meaning that this foundation not only looks great but is also great for your skin. The foundation boasts ingredients such as apricot for radiance, melon for hydration, apple as an anti-oxidant and ginger for energy. I'm often sceptical when makeup claims to have skincare properties but I have found this foundation to leave my skin feeling soft and smooth, unlike some others which can leave my skin feeling clogged and greasy.
Overall, I'd say this was a cracking foundation all round- it's not as perfect as No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation, but it sure is close. Have you tried Healthy Mix or any other Bourjois foundations?
I've been dying to try this foundation for a while now and I had the same problem .. whether to go for the serum or the foundation! I've heard soo many bad things though! Glad you posted this review :)
ReplyDeletewww.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk
x
Thank you! I've heard mixed reviews too but I personally really like the foundation :] xx
DeleteMy friend swears by this but I have never tried it, it is the price of it that puts me off.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a nosey.
xx
Yeah- I know what you mean. That's why I thought I'd take advantage of the £4 off at Tesco :] xx
Delete