Sunday, 11 November 2012

Winter Series: Hand and Lip Rescuers.

Soap & Glory Hand Food; Anatomicals Stop Cracking Up; Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter; Boots Nail Strengthener; Herbacin Glycerine Hand Cream; Bepanthen Nappy Rash Cream. 

Although I've previously done a Nail Care Products post, I wanted to do a hand and lip care post as part of my Winter Series. For me, my lips and hands are the parts of my body that change the most when the colder months roll in: my lips become void of moisture and crack and my hands become dry and rough. There's a couple of products that I rely on to get me by through the winter months to keep my lips and hands in tip top shape. 

Hand Food is my all time favourite hand cream- not only does it smell amazing but it keeps my hands super moisturised and gets absorbed really quickly, greasy hand creams are a big nono for me. It's got that super sweet S&G scent with shea butter, macadamia oil and marshmallow- now what could be better than that? I use Lemony Flutter  to keep my cuticles soft, applying it after removing my nail varnish as this is the only time that my hands are bare. Lemony Flutter is also great for use on dry skin anywhere on the body as the butter melts into the skin super quick. My third hand helper came in my October She Said Beauty box; the Herbacin hand cream is super nourishing and I try and use this before bed as it is deeply moisturising. My nails are pretty rubbish all year round but as soon as it gets cold they become extra flaky, brittle and just generally poor quality. I combat this using nail strengthener- tbh any will do but I've most recently been using this Boots one. 

I use an unbeatable duo to save my lips during this season. Although I primarily use Bepanthen for heeling new tattoos, I've also found it to be amazing for my lips. It's a really thick cream but it melts into the lips leaving them soft, smooth and moisturised all day long. Stop Cracking Up is my go to lip saviour- it's not pretty but it does the job of keeping my lips healthy and happy. It's a really thick clear glossy liquid which I prefer to wear over night because it can look like you've got ridiculously wet lips. 

I hope you enjoyed this post- what are your winter lip and hand go-to products?

No comments:

Post a Comment