I stumbled across this tag on Kat's blog Cherries In The Snow and thought I'd give it a go as it sounds like it's got me written all over it! I'm not sure who started the tag but let's give it a go! I myself am not a make up artist, I've never worked on a beauty counter or for a beauty company or magazine. So obviously, I'm no expert and I'm not ashamed to say that I have my flaws in the beauty department! So here's five thing I'm no good at but probs should be as a so-called blogger:
1. Body Moisturising- This is a big one- I see bloggers reviewing loads of luxury, thick and creamy fancy body butters and sometimes I myself go out an buy them with the best intentions of using them. It's not that I don't like the products, it's simply that I can never be bothered to apply it after a shower or a bath! Lazy I know, but who really has the time??? I know I don't. So what's my solution? I use my beloved Soap & Glory Whipped Clean Shower Butter- it's a shower wash and a butter all in one, perfect!
2. Neglecting My Hair- Pretty much anything involving my hair annoys me. I hate washing it, drying it, straightening it, using products in it, styling it- everything! I just find it so tedious and boring and it never stays how I want it to look for long! I'm actually growing my hair at the minute (it's taking FOREVER) so I just have it up in a ponytail all the time.
3. Tanning- Fake or real I am a tan-a-phobe. I've always burnt pretty easily but when I got to about 16yrs old I became obsessed with protecting my skin from the sun- even the slightest peak of sunlight and I put on sun cream. I did try using gradual fake tanning products for a while but the maintenance of it just put me off. So I'm as pale as the day I was born!
4. Not Looking After My Lips- This is partly my fault and partly not- I do get horrendously dry lips during the colder months but I don't help myself as I probably should. I moisturise my lips fairly sporadically and I don't know much about which lip balms are good and which aren't- I usually just get the cheap ones.
5. Not Chipping My Nails- I could buy the most expensive, high-end nail varnish in the world with the greatest claims and I'd still chip it within 24hrs. Fact. I'm really heavy handed and generally clumsy so nail varnish doesn't stand a chance on my hands.
So ladies, there you have it, a list of my top 5 beauty failings. If you do this tag, please leave me a link in a comment below so I can check it out and compare notes!

Guilty of all of these! Thanks for the mention. I've edited my post and linked this post at the bottom :) Have a lovely week!
ReplyDeleteThanks love xx
Delete