Tuesday, 19 March 2013

SS13 Trends.

I'm usually not a fan of Spring/Summer fashion- it's usually way to neon-festival-minimal clothes for my personal taste. However, this year SS launches are much more up my street and I think they're actually a bit more wearable in everyday life situations, rather than just on a catwalk. I've tried to make some outfits from high street drops of five of the trends this season. Enjoy!


Long hemlines and conservative tops were back on the catwalks for SS13 and I'm so excited! In this outfit I tried to team a classic blouse and skirt with more modern accessories. I love every single item in this outfit- I think this skirt would be super wearable and could be dressed down with a t-shirt and trainers, or dressed up with a blouse and heels. I'm loving these cut-out flatforms, I bet they're mega easy walk in too. I'm not a fan of all out neon but I love the subtle neon yellow on these chunky chain bracelets. 



Now, Utility isn't usually a trend I'd be interested in because I typically think of gold hardware, mesh and unstructured baggy clothes. But I thought I'd take my own twist on the trend and choose items that I'd personally wear but with a utility feel to them. I'm loving the look of this leather jacket- it looks so soft and I like the waterfall front. I'm officially inlove with these buckle boots from Topshop- they're super high but I can always just look at them haha. I actually like the current trend of wearing wooly hats with dresses and I like this one with cross studs on. 


Monochrome is a trend I'm super excited about as the majority of my wardrobe is black and white anyway! But I'm liking the mixture of stripes with the current trend. I went for this neon pink necklace from H&M as it's a mega bargain and it definitely stands out against the black and white outfit. 


This is a trend that I don't think has fully filtered through onto the high street yet. The catwalk featured bright, coloured foil skirts but most of the high street hits are either foil silver or holographic. I'm liking this dress as it's a bit more of a subtle take on the futuristic trend with it's brushed silver effect. I like these iridescent textured hair bow clips from Topshop- I think they're super pretty and girly.

So there's my take on some of SS13's hottest trends- what's you're favourite trend this season?

2 comments:

  1. Amazing looks especially the second one!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete