(L-R in order of swatches): MAC Pro Longwear in NC15; Chanel Mat Lumiere in 20 Clair (discontinued); Bourjois 123 Perfect in Light Vanilla; Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla; No7 Beautifully Matte in Callico; Avon Ideal Flawless in Ivory; Revlon Nearly Naked in Vanilla; M&S Limited Collection in Ivory.
Until I found out that my beloved Chanel Mat Lumiere Foundation was being discontinued, I never bothered trying out different foundations- I thought I had found the one. Chanel kind of did me a favour in the end because I've since discovered a cornucopia of foundations- some that I love and some that I didn't like and have got rid of! So what do I look for in a foundation? Well, I'm an oily skinned girl so I typically look for a medium-full coverage matte finish foundation. I'm definitely on the paler end of the scale, usually being either the lightest or second lightest shade a brand sells. I hate cakey, chalky foundations- I want them to look after my skin with as high a SPF as possible please! So, here's my collection.
MAC Pro Longwear Foundation is definitely a fail-safe, reliable foundation. It's not got the matte-est of finishes but it definitely covers any redness or blemishes and lasts all day long. I'm not going to go on about Chanel Mat Lumiere as it's sadly no longer with us and I personally dislike its replacement, Pro Lumiere. I really like both of my Bourjois foundations but they are different. 123 Perfect is the ultimate matte, pale buttery finish foundation which covers all of my problem areas; whereas Healthy Mix Foundation gives a healthy glow and leaves the skin feeling nourished and hydrated after use.
My everyday foundation is No7 Beautifully Matte which gives me the most stunning airbrushed, flawless matte finish of all my foundations. It's probably got the best coverage of them all whilst not being cakey, thick or clumpy. It also outlasts all the others and is definitely the best colour match for me. I've not used the Avon foundation for ageeeeessss as it's a little too light for me. It has a light air-whipped feel to it but it still provides good coverage and finish. My current favourite foundation is Revlon Nearly Naked which is totally out of my comfort zone for foundations- it's got a light-medium coverage, it's got a more natural dewy finish and it's a great colour match for my skin tone. The final foundation in my collection is a super bargain buy from M&S Limited Collection. It's alright for what it is, but it's nothing magical. It provides OK coverage and lasts for a fairly average amount of time.
So there you have it, my little foundation collection. Please leave me any recommendations for your favourite foundations!
Lovely collection! :)
ReplyDeleteEmma x
http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/
Thank you dear :] xx
Delete