Dainty Doll Cream Blush in Paper Roses (£1.99 from Fragrance Direct).
Dainty Doll is a brand I've heard of, and I know my friend uses products from the range because she's got super fair skin and that's the brand's target market. It's the creation of Girls Aloud singer Nicola Roberts who wanted to create a makeup range specifically designed for paler skinned ladies. I'd never thought of trying the brand for myself until I saw that Fragrance Direct had loads of items from the brand for £1.99! The cream blushes have sold out online and I can't find them available elsewhere I'm afraid.
I really like the packaging of the brand- the girl on the boxes reminds me of designer illustrations. The compact itself has a matte textured feel to it which I quite like. I like the simplicity of the packaging- it makes it look much more high end- although the products aren't that cheap full price tbh. The compact has a decent size mirror in it- we all know I love the practicalities of a mirrored compact.
Paper Roses is the most beautiful matte baby pink which gives a super pretty summery flush to the skin. The blush is super creamy, soft and smooth. A little goes a really long way and you can create a really subtle flush or you can build it up loads for more intense colour. One thing I love about this blush is the finish- it's really natural without any shimmer or glitter which I think can cheapen the look of a cream blush. The blush lasts for a good few hours before it starts to fade. I'm actually a bit gutted that there's none of the other shades of cream blush left as I would have definitely bought them. You snooze you lose I guess!
In a nutshell: Lovely baby pink cream blush with a beautiful buildable texture.
wow this looks like an awesome product and great value too. I've heard TKmaxx are selling nicolas range too. I just love the colour and packaging!
ReplyDeleteHelen x
www.helensfashionblog.blogspot.co.uk