Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Foundation in Fair (from the Beauty of the Vine Collection, from QVC).
The Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Foundation sells out every time it's shown on QVC. It's got an average of 4.4 out of 5 star reviews (calculated from nearly 500 reviews) on the QVC website. These glittering reviews convinced me that I had to see what all the fuss was about- could a baked powder foundation really provide coverage over pores, redness and blemishes? I love the packaging of Laura Geller makeup, it's practical and sleek at the same time. I'm loving the ultimate combination of the clear lid so you can see the product inside teamed with the oh-so-useful mirror inside the lid.
Can we just take a second to appreciate the beauty of this product? Each foundation is hand-made in Italy as a liquid and then baked into this powdered marble beauty. The idea is that as our face is made up of different tones, colours and textures so should our foundation in order to provide the perfect base. I swirl my brush around the pan and tap off any excess before buffing the foundation into my skin. At first it's kind of like "what's this actually doing?" but after applying to your whole face a couple of times, you really start to see a difference. The powder does cover redness and pores and blemishes, giving a flawless yet natural look to the skin. It's by no means matte in finish but it isn't super shiny either, it just gives a healthy glow. I went for the shade Fair because it had more yellowy undertones (also available in Porcelain, Medium and Tan) but I wish I'd gone for Porcelain instead. Now I'm by no means the palest of them all but Fair does seem to be really dark on me. I'm gutted because I genuinely love this product and the foundation sold on it's own costs £27 which is on the expensive side of things. But I do really want to pick it up in Porcelain for myself because this is a great everyday foundation without being cakey, heavy, thick or mask-like. It's just a soft, smooth beautiful powder.
In a nutshell: Beautiful foundation with a natural finish, gutted it's the wrong shade for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment