In the winter I took part in moneysupermarket.com's #PassionForFashion competition. I loved taking part (you can see my entry here) and it was really interesting to see what on-trend pieces you could get from the high street for super affordable prices. I was super excited when I received an email inviting me to participate in Passion For Fashion 2 with a focus on SS13 trends. The competition involves creating (a more manageable) three looks including Casual, Party and Holiday with a budget of £200 per outfit. There will be a winner for each outfit category with a prize of £200 to spend on their outfit and an overall winner who could win £1000 to spend on goodies! So here's my entry with some on-trend pieces and looks. Enjoy!
I wanted to go a bit out of my comfort zone for this outfit. In the summer, a casual outfit for me is usually a pretty girly dress, a cardigan and some pumps. Pretty boring, right? So I thought I'd channel the All American/sporty trend with the denim dungaree type dress and high-tops. I much prefer the word dweeb to geek so I went for this cropped t-shirt to wear under the denim dress. I chose to keep the outfit fairly plain and bleached so that I could team it with pastel pink accessories. I love this bag- I think it looks really soft and as it's so large it'd be super practical. I love high-top trainers as they're so comfy but they can be difficult to wear in a girly way, but I think I've just about got the balance right her. It's not gym-chic it's sports luxe!
Another trend that I'm already wearing this Spring/Summer is candy colours. I thought for my party outfit I'd mix and match different ice-cream shades for a vintage house-wife look. I love lace and I love skater dresses and this mint one is simply stunning. I think this pale yellow tweed biker jacket from River Island is a real statement piece that ticks so many SS13 trend boxes. I think it would toughen up the rest of the outfit whilst still being in-keeping with the look. Shoes are oh-so pointy this SS, so I thought I'd jump on the trend-wagon and add these lilac suede heels to my outfit. Finally, this duck-egg blue vintage shaped handbag completes the outfit- I think I may have to get myself this as it is so delicious in so many ways!
I think this has to be my favourite outfit of the three. Here I went for a sixties glamour look whilst trying to remain practical. I thought the title Holiday was a bit vague so I went for a beach look but it is pretty multi-functional with the cover-up being involved. Now I went for the dreaded bikini- I am in no way a ripped, slim beach goddess (I couldn't be further from it); what I am is small up top and large everywhere else. I love this cropped crochet bikini top as it has a super vintage feel to it and I think it would make me look a bit more well-endowed. I love these high wasted black bikini bottoms as I think they'd give me a bit of support in the tummy area whilst still being super stylish. In keeping with the monochrome theme, I chose a striped t-shirt dress as a much-needed cover-up. I love these pearl detail cat eyes sunglasses, I think they're very Audrey Hepburn! To make the look a bit more 2013, I've gone for a hat with stud detail and studded black sandals- it also makes the look a bit more me.
I hope you've enjoyed my post! You should all get involved in the Passion For Fashion competition and if you do, please leave me a link below so I can check out your posts! The closing date is Monday 8th April so get your skates on!



oh wow, your "holiday"-selection is amazing! i would buy every single piece. thanks for sharing this post. nice inspiration!!
ReplyDeletewish u a nice weekend,
www.rot-schopf.com
the third outfit is my favourite <3
ReplyDeletelondonandcoffee.blogspot.com