Monday, 11 March 2013

Laura Geller Eyeshadow Duo in Fine Wines.



Laura Geller Baked Impressions Eyeshadow Duo in Fine Wines (from the the Beauty of the Vine collection, from QVC UK).

What sold me on the Laura Geller Beauty of the Vine collection was the shades of the eyeshadows, blusher and lipstick. Many of the eyeshadows I own are in neutral brown shades but this wine coloured duo looked so stunning on the QVC models, I just knew I had to try it. The packaging of Laura Geller is great, it's so simple and practical yet it's really sturdy. The lid has a handy little mirror inside it which is great for any touch ups. Inspired by the beauty of vineyards as well as the anti-ageing properties of grapes, the eyeshadows are embossed with a beautiful wine pattern which is a little too pretty to spoil! 

The powder itself is baked and is infused with grapeseed, omega six oils, anti-oxidants and vitamin E. Typically, I'd avoid pink eyeshadows like the plague because they can be a little bit 80's baby pink and make your eyes look really tired and red. However, the pink in this duo is unbelievably flattering- it's more of a dusky rose shade which you could use as a blush if you wanted. I've been wearing this all over the lid and then buffing the dusky plum shade into the crease to create a twist on the smoky eye. The plum shade is absolutely stunning and I personally think this duo creates a more day-time smoky eye compared with a brown smoky eye which can be quite intense. The powder itself is really fine and smooth and the colour pay-off is great. I've found that the eyeshadow stays put all day and the colour doesn't fade or crease in any way. I don't think this duo is availably separately but I would deffo recommend this set to anyone- the colours are so wearable and you can create stunning daytime and evening looks with great quality products. 

In a nutshell: Beautiful colours, perfect for creating a plum smoky eye for day or night!

No comments:

Post a Comment