Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in 10 Beige (£33, John Lewis).
Le sigh! How I love Chanel makeup!
I've read the odd blog post about the launch of this product and it didn't take much convincing for me to go out and buy this for myself. I used to wear Chanel Matte Lumiere religiously before they discontinued it a few years ago; however, I wasn't at all impressed with the Perfection Lumiere Foundation that replaced it. Perfection Lumiere Velvet is meant to be somewhere between the Perfection Lumiere Foundation and their Vita Aqua Lumiere which is loved by bloggers. For non-Chanel shoppers, that basically means this is supposed to be a matte finish light-weight foundation.
I love the packaging of this foundation- as always with Chanel it's super sleek and classy. I went for the lightest shade 10 Beige which is a beautiful buttery Ivory. It's thicker than I imagined it would be- in a good way! This foundation is super light and velvety and blends seamlessly feeling as light as silk. However, I'm quite disappointed by the coverage, it's super light and everything shows through from my pores, redness, blemishes and dark circles. I'm actually a bit gutted about this because it sure ain't cheap! It also doesn't last very well as the day wears on, although my skin doesn't look oily at the end of the day (bonus) the foundation do seperate and thin a bit, especially on any dry patches. To be fair, my skin isn't that great at the minute so I might give it another go when my blemishes clear up, but for now I'll give it a miss. Thanks for stopping by x




No comments:
Post a Comment