Benefit Big East Better Than BB in Fair (£23.52 from QVCuk.com).
Benefit is a bit of a love/hate brand for me. I think 9 times out of 10 they're products are examples of style over substance, with their unique and appealing packaging but I often find their products lacking in quality. I've even had makeovers done at Benefit counters and have instantly gone to another brand's counter to get my makeup redone- bad right? But there's always so much hype about their products in the blogosphere it keeps me interested.
I've been intruiged by their new Big Easy foundation product which claims to be 'better than BB'. This oil-free base is meant to cover imperfections, correct discolouration and provide a flawless matte base. As always with Benefit, I really like the packaging and the squeezy tube is perfect for controlling how much product you want to dispense. I love that it has SPF 35, it's a pretty rare find and I like spraying pale thanks! I went for Fair which is perfect for pale skinned girls like myself- not a hint of orange in sight! The consistency is like a CC Cream so it's not at all runny but it's not thick like a foundation either. It applies really well- I find using my fingers is better than a brush or sponge with this one- and it does give a flawless matte finish. But this is where the love-in ends.
Although this looks lovely when first applied, it doesn't stay that way for long. As the day wears on, it separates really easily and is horrendous on dry patches. It seems to thin throughout the day and at the end of my 12hour shifts, it looks like I've not even got any face makeup on! This is such a disappointment and I'm so glad I bought it from QVC so I can send it back and get a refund! Not for me, not sure who it is for because it's no good for oily or dry skin in my opinion. Let me know if you've had a better experience with this product. Thanks for stopping by x






Such a shame this isn't the best, but really good that you're able to return it!
ReplyDeleteJennie xo | sailorjennie.com