I've acquired a lot of makeup and beauty products over the past couple of years so organisation is key! Since I moved out a few months ago, I've not really managed to get on top of my storage so last week I spent the day sorting out our bedroom, focusing on my makeup and beauty products storage. I thought it'd be a good time to do an updated products storage post. My desk is from IKEA but I've had it for yearrrssss so I don't know if they make this exact one any more. The pink and teal roses drawers are from WH Smith but they're looking a bit worse for wear at the minute so I might replace them soon. The pink basket on top is from B&M's and that's where I keep my skincare and haircare products. The acrylic lipstick holder was from John Lewis and the white mini-basket is from Clas Olsen. I bought my mirror from a shop in Leeds somewhere but I can't remember what the shop's called! Finally, my spotty tin is actually a coffee caddy from B&M's but I keep my muslin cloths and cotton wool pads in here.
I love the different sized drawers in this organiser. The top left drawer is for lip products that I'm not currently using on a regular basis- they're mostly lipsticks that I don't need out in my acrylic storage but I'm thinking of getting a bigger acrylic stand off ebay for my lipsticks so we'll see. The top middle drawer is for overspill lip and eye products, mostly lip glosses and lip liners to be honest. The top right drawer is where I keep my lip treatment and eye products- you can see my Lush Lip Scrub, various lip balms and some eye creams.
The two middle drawers are really deep and you can fit loads in them! In the left one, I store my eyeshadows including my two Kat Von D eyeshadow palettes, my MUA palette, a Chanel quad and loads of individual eyeshadows. I keep all of my other high-end palettes under the shelf on my desk including my Benefit World Famous palettes; Urban Decay NAKED and NAKED Basics palettes and my Diego Dalla Palma Snow White palette. I also keep my eyeliners and mascaras in here, although I don't have many of them as I usually stick with what I know. The right drawer is for all my face products- foundations, concealers, primers, blushers and highlighters. I always think my blusher collection is vast but it's actually quite modest so I might have to expand on that soon ha! Finally, the bottom drawer is a mixture of back-up's, doubles and replacements. I hate the thought of running out of certain products so I usually buy them when they're on offer. I also keep my false eyelashes in here but I've not worn them in agesssss- I must get on that asap.
This is my 'products to try/use up' basket. I usually just chuck any new products in here after photographing them. At the minute I'm trying out some Along Came Betty products, I've got a Bioderma cleansing water that I've been meaning to try for about a year now but keep forgetting! Then I have some products I want to use up or start using again like the V05 hair oil and Collection 2000 primer.
This acrylic storage is for my current favourite lipsticks. In there is: MAC in Hue and Rebel; Maybelline Colour Whispers; Bourjois Rouge Edition in 02; Laura Geller Lipstick; Topshop in Innocent; L'oreal Rouge Caresses; Revlon Lip Butter (which I'm still trying to convince myself to like) and Urban Decay.
Here lies my high-end lip products. I have two Clinique Chubby Sticks; some Chanel lipsticks and lipglosses and a Dior lipgloss. They're actually stored in a recycled Herbal Essences hair mask tub! Below are my high-street lip (non-lipstick) products stored in a metal cut-out tub. I've got four Rimmel Apocalips; four Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balmstains; two L'oreal Glam Shine Miss Candy lipglosses and some other bits and bobs.
I hope you've enjoyed having a nosy at my makeup storage. Please link me to any of your makeup storage posts or give my any recommendations for storage! Thanks for stopping by x
No comments:
Post a Comment