I've just stumbled across this tag via Make up Pixi3's blog this evening. I couldn't wait to get answering the questions myself as music is such a huge part of my life and anyway to combine music and blogging is alright by me! Did you know that I used to do an 'album of the week' weekly post reviewing my favourite albums? Lil fact for you there- I might resurrect that trend in the near future (leave me a comment if you're interested!). So, on with the tag!
What’s your favourite type of music?
Metal. Metal. Metal. Metal. Metal. But seriously, I'm a metalhead in every-which-way and I like most metal across the history of the genre. I also like classic rock (think Deep Purple, Rainbow and Thin Lizzy), I love Jeff Buckley and the odd female artist like Amy Winehouse and Lana Del Rey. I'm super fussy when it comes to music though, I definitely know what I like!What’s your least favourite type of music?
Hip Hop, Rap, R&B and 99.9999999% of modern pop music. I don't like music that doesn't evoke any emotions in me and these genres specifically don't say anything to me. Each to their own though- I know metal won't say anything to most people other than "guess how much noise these guys can make".What’s the best gig you’ve been to?
It depends really. I've seen Muse live 8-9 times but I really hate their last two albums so one of the first few gigs of their's that I went to would have to be up there. I also loved seeing Heaven & Hell and it was extra special as Ronnie James Dio died a few years later- I'm so glad I got to hear him sing live before he passed away. I also love really small intimate gigs where everyone in the room is totally feeling the music and enjoying themselves. For me, a good gig is defined by a tight band, with good vibes and who get the crowd going.What albums are you listening to at the moment?
I've not listened to anything new for ages, other than Bring Me The Horizon's new album Sempiternal which I LOVE! They're my favourite band and they just keep getting better! I've also been listening to The Elijah- I Loved/I Hated/I Destroyed/I Created, you should deffo check this band out! They're kind of like a hardxcore soundscape band if that makes any sense, and they are unreal live!
I've also been listening to some old favourites like Metallica- Ride The Lightning; Parkway Drive- Don't Close Your Eyes and Woe, Is Me- Numbers.
What's your favourite bands/artists & favourite albums?
My favourite bands are: Bring Me The Horizon; Muse (first 4 albums only); The Black Dahlia Murder; Rainbow; Metallica; Black Sabbath; The Devil Wears Prada; Mastodon; Paramore; Iwrestledabearonce; Underoath; Deaf Havana; Bleed From Within; This Will Destroy You; We Butter The Bread With Butter... the list goes on!
My favourite albums are (ahem): BMTH- There is a hell, belive me I've seen it. There is a heaven let's keep it a secret; Muse- Origin of Symmetry; Metallica- Ride The Lightning; Iwrestledabearonce EP; The Black Dahlia Murder- Nocturnal; Mastodon- The Hunter; Mastodon- Crack the Skye; Deaf Havana- Meet Me Half Way At Least; Rainbow- Rainbow Rising; Black Sabbath- Paranoid; Gustav Holst- The Planets.

Thanks for doing the tag :D We have very different taste in metal though :P It made me feel old to think that to you old classics are Parkway Drive & Is Me :)
ReplyDeleteFor me, it's all about Slipknot, Them Crooked Vultures, KoRn, RATM, Disturbed and that type of metal - but hey, rocking out is rocking out \m/
Ha! I guess they're not really classics- but they're just albums I listen to over and over again. For sure, as long as there's guitars and riffs it's fine by me! xx
Delete