My friend put me onto the TravelSupermarket.com Worldwide Wardrobe Competition and I just had to get involved! I love these competitions where you put together outfits for different occasions. Each outfit must come under £200 and the winner will win a holiday and £200 to buy their winning outfit! Go check the competition out for yourselves here and please link me to any entries if you get involved! The themes for the outfits were: Clubbing in Ibiza; Shopping in London; Sightseeing in Paris; Cocktails in New York and Partying at a Full Moon Party in Thailand. So here's what I've but together.
Ibiza is somewhere I've never been nor do I have the intention of going there. I'm personally not into dance music or such like and I don't drink so it's not really a good combo for me! However, I played the game and put together an outfit in the event that I did go clubbing in Ibiza. I found this outfit really hard to put together as I didn't want to go down the super-dressy look, I wanted to keep it wearable for the super hot climate of Spain. I saw this skirt and fell inlove! I love the rose gold lace band and the shape would flatter my figure really well. I teamed it with a simple lace crop-top and then went for contrasting neon coral accessories. I'm actually thinking of buying this clutch as I love the colour and the high shine patent leather look is super hot. I thought these perspex jewel earrings from New Look were really unusual and I think they top off the outfit nicely. I don't think I've done too bad in the end tbh!
When someone says they're going out for cocktails, I immediately think they're going to a classy joint. So I wanted my New York outfit to be more sophisticated than party-girl. I want this bag so so bad- mint is my favourite colour at the moment and combined with studs and a really unusual satchel shape, I think I might be in love. So I built this outfit around the bag- starting with the monochrome body-con dress. Now I think I'd have to squeeze myself into some pretty unattractive control underwear to look good in this dress but I love the panelling and contrasting colours and fabrics. I like the chunkiness of these heels and think they'd be super comfortable and easy to walk in- plus they'll go with anything! I'm definitely not a blingy girl but this necklace is stunning. The gems are encrusted onto white leather and I love the white rope necklace- I think this pulls the outfit together.
Well, there's no surprises that the most casual outfit category was my favourite! It's actually extra exciting for me because I'm going on a shopping weekend to London with my chum in July which I'm soooooooo looking forward to. I love this jersey dress from Topshop but I've only ever seen it in store in the petite section so I've never got my hands on it. I'm so close to buying this holdall, you don't even know! I saw it last week when I went shopping and thought it'd be a perfect weekend/overnight bag. It is absolutely massive so I don't know when else I'd use it but who cares- its gorgeous! I'm a huge Drop Dead fan and I thought I'd rep the North in the capital with this super cute wooly hat- plus it's England, you never know what the weather will be like! I've added a black chain and leopard print creepers for some contrasting textures and this super versatile leather-look jacket will keep me warm but looking cool (see what I did there?). I want this entire outfit now please.
I wanted to combine comfort with cuteness in this look. Paris is the home of fashion so the stakes are high with this outfit! I love the shape combo of this spotty bra top and denim-look skater skirt- I think it'd really suit my figure. I've gone for Vans-style white trainers for maximum comfort whilst I'm walking round the Louvre and climbing up the Eiffel Tower. I couldn't resist going all-out mint for my accessories on this one! How amazing is this bag?!? I love the mesh look with the granny-chic vibe but the mint green makes it oh-so modern. I thought this mint cardi would be a great cover up, plus it'd fit in my bag if it was nice and warm.
I thought this coral dress had a bit of a Thai-vibe with the embellished neckline. I also think it'd be nice and cool for the sub-tropical weather over in Thailand, which is a country me and my boyfriend have always wanted to visit. These M&S shoes are so on-trend, it's not even funny. I tried them on irl in the most beautiful mint colour but I couldn't justify buying them but I think the black version look suitably summery and dressy for a party. I love this River Island handbag (oh me and my bag obsession!) with it's coral croc-look and the tonal panelled look. I couldn't really find any jewellery I liked to top off this outfit so I went for a good old Crown and Glory floral headband in contrasting pastel pink, green and lilac.
I hope you like my entries, let me know what you think! Now I'm supposed to nominate five of my followers or five bloggers I follow to get involved in this competition so I'll just tweet any bloggers I've got on Twitter with the link- but there's no pressure to get involved! Thanks for stopping by x





No comments:
Post a Comment