Along Came Betty Wow! Lashes Mascara (£5.99 from Tesco).
So when I stumbled across Along Came Betty in Tescos the other week, I bought the Pure Pore Mask (you can see my review here), the Wow! Lashes Mascara and an eyeshadow quad that I've actually been using as a brow kit (review coming soon!). I was more than happy with my beloved Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara but when I saw the size of the brush on this mascara, I just couldn't resist!
As with the Pure Pore Mask, the packaging of Along Came Betty products are very Soap & Glory-esque with the black and white 60's style photographs, pink girly writing and not-so-serious names, which usualy contain a pun or double-entendre. I love the film-reel imagery on the box with the 60's style lady applying her mascara! The tube itself is really quite chunky which I personally quite like but I guess it is a little unusual. Just look at the size of that brush! It's a bristle style brush, none of this rubber or comb malarky for me thank you! The mascara itself is really easy to apply- it's much thinner than the S&G mascara which is more thickening, whereas the Along Came Betty number is more lengthening and volumising. It definitely gives a more natural mascara look whilst providing that length and blackness. It doesn't transfer at all- one of my pet peeves- and it is really easy to remove with makeup wipes or cotton pads. Overall, I really like this mascara and think it's got a pretty competitive price- I'd say it's better than most other high-street mascaras that I've tried.
In a nutshell: This lengthening and volumising mascara definitely gives you WOW lashes without clumping or transfering.

Nice review, it defines your eyelashes nicely, xoxo.
ReplyDeleteThank you :] I do like this mascara, thanks for commenting x
Delete