Saturday, 13 April 2013

Along Came Betty Pure Pore Mask.



Along Came Betty Pure Pore 15 Minute Detox Mask (£4.99 from Tesco).

Along Came Betty is a completely new brand on my radar- drawn in by their Soap & Glory-esque packaging and bargain price-tags, I treated myself to a couple of items to try out. The Pure Pore Mask for all intents and purposes looks like a dupe for S&G's Fab Pore Facial Peel- although I've never tried it, the packaging, name and concept are uncannily similar. The packaging looks really cute and kitschy with the pink tub etc but I do feel like its a bit cheap compared to other brands. 

The product itself smells really fruity and fresh which I really like- I personally hate chemically/artificial smelling skincare products. The directions recommend that you apply to clear skin and massage until the beads disappear. You can then leave it on for 5-15minutes depending on how long you've got to enjoy your pamper session. The mask feels like a really thick cream- the beads aren't at all abrasive like exfolitaor particles, they kind of burst/pop when you massage them into your skin. The mask feels a little bit like a strong toner at first but then it relaxes and just rests on the skin. It doesn't dry or set like mud masks do which I like because they can feel tightening and uncomfortable in my opinion. When I rinse the mask off, my skin feels soft, smooth and super cleansed. My skin looks clear and more radiant- I feel like this product really cleans out my pores. I think that as it is super cleansing, it might be best only using it once a week on oily skin as I'm not sure if it just strips your skin of everything so more than once a week might be a bit too intense. 

I do enjoy using this mask, but I'd say this is best for a quick-fix skin cleanse rather than a regular skincare treat. However, it's definitely made me want to try more Along Came Betty products! Let me know if you've tried any products from this band and what you'd recommend. 

In a nutshell: It's a bargain super-cleansing mask, but use with care! 

2 comments:

  1. I really need to check out this brand, keep seeing them on instagram and their products look so cute. Thanks for the review, I probably won't try this out as I have millions of face masks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this brand before but I would only get this product for the adorable packaging haha! :)) Great review though! <3

    XO,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete