I am a huge fan of Real Techniques (who isn't right?) and started my collection with the Core Collection last year; I became obsessed and quickly purchased the Starter Kit soon after. I never really looked at the individual brushes because I thought I already had all of the brushes I needed. However, my poor Buffing Brush is looking a bit worse for wear but it has been used a ridiculous amount and I don't think I've washed it quite as much as I should of *slap wrists*. Created by the lovely and super talented Samantha Chapman of the makeup guru duo Pixiwoo, these brushes are synthetic and are super easy to clean and keep their shape perfectly, no matter how often you use them.
The Expert Face Brush is a beautiful soft, domed face brush that I've been loving using for applying my liquid foundations. This brush smooths and buffs the product into my skin evenly and gives great coverage with high-street and high-end products alike. So what's the difference between this and the Buffing Brush? Well, firstly the Buffing Brush has a flat top which is great for the larger areas of your face (cheeks, forehead) but when compared with the Expert Face Brush, it isn't that amazing for blending into smaller areas of the face (around the nose, upper lip and eyes). The Expert Face Brush can get into all those creases and contours effortlessly, blending just as smoothly as on the cheeks and forehead. Secondly, the Buffing Brush is only available in the Core Collection- now as much as I love the other brushes in that set, I don't need to replace them so £21.99 is a lot for one brush. I'm not dissing the Buffing Brush at all, its amazing and up until purchasing the Expert Face Brush it was the best brush in the world, but this new brush is just that little bit better.
My one small dislike of the Expert Face Brush is that the base of the handle is really wide, allowing it to stand up, but it doesn't fit into my Shu Umura brush roll like my other Real Techniques Brushes do. Nevermind though, I still love it! If you wanna get involved, I'd recommend running down to Superdrug as Real Techniques Brushes are currently on 'buy one get one half price' at the minute- bargain!
In a nutshell: This Expert Face Brush has ended my long love affair with the Buffing Brush; it's perfect for applying BB Creams and foundations of all coverage!
No comments:
Post a Comment