Friday, 13 July 2012

In Your Face: Tresemme Split Mend Hair Mask.


Tresemme Split Remedy Split Mend Intense Recovery Masque (£5.69).

After finishing my Herbal Essence colour treatment mask, I thought I'd try and tackle my horrendous split ends head on. I already have the Split Remedy Serum and Leave-In Treatment, which I find are pretty much the same thing, and I wanted to try this as a weekly intense treatment. You get 300ml for £5.69 which I think is good value for money as you don't need much product per use and you only use it once or twice a week. The product claims to give up to 80% reduction in split ends after three uses which sounded just like what the doctor ordered. All of the products in this range that I've tried smell like the hairdressers if you know what I mean- I just love the smell of the hair dryers and products in a hairdressers, no- just me? The hair mask feels really thick and luxurious, like an intense conditioner and I personally use it once a week after shampooing and conditioning, although there's nothing to say you can't use it more often. I've found that this product reduces the appearance of split ends, especially the whiteness that can be a result of damaged ends. The mask leaves my hair feeling soft and silky although not as shiny and bright as the Herbal Essence mask, which is obviously is for brightening colour rather than repairing damage. I'm enjoying using this mask but perhaps less so than the Herbal Essence one perhaps because the results are more subtle because its repairing rather than colour/shine enhancing. Have you tried this hair mask or any of the products in the Split Remedy range?

No comments:

Post a Comment