Monday, 9 July 2012

Fave Five: Glitter Nail Varnish.

Look Beauty Nail Pop in Bling; Rimmel Lasting Finish in Disco Ball; OPI in Mad As A Hatter (from the Alice in Wonderland Collection); Models Own Hedkandi in Ibiza Mix; Barry M in Iridescent Pink. 


This is just a new post where I thought I'd do a themed 'top five' maybe every other week. I thought I'd start with the sparkling madness of Glitter Nail Varnish; these are my favourite five and I love wearing them both alone and on top of regular nail varnishes. Of the five, my favourites are joint Mad As A Hatter which has predominantly purple-toned glitter but with pinks and other shades added into the mix and Ibiza Mix which has different sized particles and looks gorgeous over pretty much any shade of varnish. The only thing about glitter varnish is that it's so darn hard to get off! After some online investigations, I've found the best method of removal is to soak cotton wool in nail varnish remover, place it on the nail and wrap it in tin-foil for around 5mins then the glitter comes off real easy. Have you tried any glitter nail varnishes that I need to try out?

8 comments:

  1. That's a good tip for getting the polishes off. I think I'll try that tonight. I posted about another of the models own polishes yesterday: http://missvictoriam.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/models-own-magenta-divine-pink-glitter.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it, it works so good! Thanks, I'll check it out x

      Delete
  2. I love the Models Own glitter! Love sparkly polishes too but always feel they're a bit too jazzy for daytime if you know what I mean? I peel my glitter nails off in the shower - probs not the best for my nails but does the job! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo that sounds painful! Maybe try soaking them instead to avoid damaging your nails x

      Delete
  3. I love glitter nail varnish, it's the best! My favourite is the Barry M red glitter one, will have to pick up this pink version as well I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've got that red one somewhere- you can't go wrong with glitter tbh!x

      Delete
  4. I love glittery nails, my favourite is OPI Rainbow Connection! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I don't think I've heard of that one- might have to look that up, thanks! xx

      Delete