Sunday, 15 July 2012

In Your Face: MeMeMe Flawless Finish Cream Foundation.

MeMeMe Flawless Finish Cream Foundation in Porcelain Pure (£12.50 from mememecosmetics.co.uk or Superdrug).

I'll admit I'd never really noticed or thought of trying MeMeMe makeup until I saw a high-street foundations video made by the lovely Zoella and as far as I remember, this was one of if not her favourite high-street foundation. The fates brought me to purchasing this foundation when my boyfriends mum mentioned that she used Groupon- when I checked the website out, MeMeMe had an offer going for £45 worth of makeup for only £18. Now, I'm no great believer in fate but I am a believer of ace bargains! In total I got this foundation, a concealer (blog post to come!) and three lippies, including one for my lovely chum. Can I just mention that MeMeMe were amazing and were super helpful and efficient in dealing with an issue with my order which was swiftly rectified- thank youuuuu! Anyway, onto the foundation...

I love the appearances of packaging of this foundation, I like it when you can see how much product is left and I love the filigree design on the tube. Although it looks like it's made of glass, it's actually plastic which is a bit of a let-down when you're paying over £12 for a foundation- even bargain brands like 17 do glass bottles you guys. The foundation comes with a pump applicator which is perfect for dispersal control, I find that one-and-a-bit pumps covers my face real nice. I'd say this was a medium-full coverage foundation, without being cakey or looking thick. I went for shade Porcelain Pure which is great for my skintone but if you're super pale I'd recommend you avoid this. It actually only comes in four shades which is quite rubbish for the price really. The foundation applies super smooth and buffs really softly into the skin whilst covering blemishes, redness and pores. I wouldn't say this was the most oily-skin friendly foundation as it does have a slight dewy finish to it, which is easily covered with a powder but can begin to shine through towards the end of the day. I find this foundation pretty long-lasting for the most part but it does fade in my oily zones, namely my nose and chinny-chin. Despite all this, I do quite like this foundation but I'm not sure whether I'd buy it again or pay £12.50 for it when I could be using my beloved Bourjois 123 Perfect (£10.99) which is probs the best foundation I've ever used. Have you tried any MeMeMe cosmetics or this foundation?

p.s Incase y'all didn't know it's my 21st Birthday tomorrow!

p.p.s I'm planning on running a competition whense I hit 100 followers so spread the word lovely ladies xx

8 comments:

  1. Sound good!

    Have a great Sunday ,kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I did a review of it a while back, it's my current favourite foundation. It has great coverage, I agree it does have a bit of a dewy finish but I use Rimmel powder on top which finishes it off nicely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I found that my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural covered the shine for the most part but my oily skin got the better of it towards the end of the day x

      Delete
  3. I bought this foundation with the Groupon order too! I really like it but I feel there still has to be a better foundation out there. I really like a dewy finish so that was up my street but for full coverage I still needed to pat on some concealer for some problem areas.

    Morag x
    moadore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, the Groupon order was an absolute bargain! x

      Delete
  4. I'm such a creature of habit when it comes to buying make up... But I'll check out Mememe next time in Superdrug! Have an awesome 21st, you'll have to let us know what you get up to! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really liked all the MeMeMe products I've tried so far so you should check them out! Thank you so much lovely, I'm planning on doing a post after this weekend once I've seen all my chums xx

      Delete