Monday, 2 July 2012

In Your Face: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable.





Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Sweetheart/Valentine (available in UK from 11th July at £7.99).

After loving the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm and discovering that this Kissable version had be launched in America, I just couldn't wait until the UK release to get my hands on it! I found a lovely international seller on ebay and bought shade Sweetheart/Valentine for around £10 including P&P. I've never used the Clinique Chubby Stick, of which this product is being heralded a dupe, but the packaging is nearly identical. I love the chunkiness of this product, it just feels nice when you're applying it and the coloured tube makes it easy to identify which colour you want, say unlike MAC lipsticks where you have to turn them all upside-down (annoying!). The silver part at the bottom twists to reveal more of the balm infused crayon product which smells really minty and fresh. The crayon-stick itself is quite firm and doesn't at all feel in danger of melting or sliding like some lipsticks do. 

For me, this is the ultimate lip product and I'm inlove! I guess it feels like a lipstick on application, super smooth and creamy but the colour stains the lips and lasts for hours. Although the balm element fades after a while, the stain remains pretty much all day through kissing, eating and incessant talking and your lips are left with a velvety, faded stain- which is oh so SS12. I'd say in one day I reapply for the balmy hydration about three times which tbh means that it's really long lasting. Never fear, the balm element doesn't translate to 'washed-out colour'; the colour pay-off of this product is just as good as any lipstick I've ever used without being at all drying, flaky or fading like a lipstick.  As you know, I have quite dry lips but not with this bad boy- even when the balm has faded my lips are still soft and hydrated with the coloured stain remaining. Sweetheart/Valentine (I don't know why it has two names) is a super bright hot pink shade that's so wearable during the day or night. I can't tell you how excited I am about the UK launch of this product, I'm gonna save my pennies and buy at least two more shades- an everyday natural shade and a super dark redy plum sound like good options, although Darling is a nice lilac that looks real nice. This is my product of the moment- it's a total hybrid of all the best parts of lipstick and lip balm without any of the bad bits, and I'm going to wear this everyday until I buy another shade! I just love how easy it is to apply and its the longest-lasting lip product I've ever used whilst giving intense colour. Are you as excited about this product as I am?

p.s check out my snazzy lip swatch- you like?

6 comments:

  1. I love the look of these! Can't wait til they come out here! :) xx

    http://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so nice to use! Thanks for the comment xx

      Delete
  2. These are available already I think, I saw them in my local boots and superdrug on saturday. I've also just checked the boots website to confirm so I guess you don't have to wait another week ;)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info- that's exciting!hehe xx

      Delete
  3. Oooh, this looks exciting - I absolutely love the Just Bitten stains, and didn't even know this was coming out :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oh my, I can't even tell you how amazing this is compared to the standard Just Bitten stains, you need to try these out!xx

      Delete