Saturday, 28 July 2012

In Your Face: Mark Hill Turn Up The Heat Spray.

Mark Hill Turn Up The Heat Heat Protection Spray (£1.99 for 50ml travel size).

I've mentioned I've been trying to look after my damaged hair a bit better and I know heat is a major damage causer so I wanted to see what was out there for me to try. For some reason, I resent paying a lot for hair products so when I saw this travel sized heat protection spray, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it. I love the packaging of the Mark Hill products- the leopard print is super cute and I love the black and pink colour scheme. Turn Up The Heat comes with a pump spray applicator which is perfect for controlled sprizting throughout your hair. The bottle says that you can use it on wet, damp and dry hair before styling with heating tools including hair dryers, straighteners and curlers upto 235C. The spay doesn't add any texture or stiffness to your hair like some hair styling products can do, which is good because I want something that protects my hair without changing how it looks or feels. The spray doesn't have a particularly overpowering smell, just that standard hair product kind of scent. I am finding that the ends of my hair are feeling less dry and brittle and that my straighteners drag much less on my hair when I use the spray. It also seems to hold the straightness in my hair for longer than normal so I assume it's got some sort of hair spray element to it which is a bonus. I really like this product and I'm definitely gonna buy the full size (£5.49 for 125ml) when the mini runs out. Have you tried this or any other heat protection spray?

p.s Don't forget I'll be running a give-away once I hit 100 followers! It might be a logistical nightmare but one of you lucky ladies will win some sweet treats :]

6 comments:

  1. I reviewed the VO5 heat-protection spray earlier in the week. It's not bad. I find the asda's own brand spray and the one that the avon does is not too bad either. I like you don't like spending too much on hair products without shopping about first.

    VO5: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/packing-some-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even thought about heat protection perhaps its time I did.
    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did before either but I've really been enjoying using this! x

      Delete
  3. just found your blog and love your aesthetic -- super helpful tips! and hey i actually just started a new blog. i'd love if you could come check it out and follow, if you like!!

    xo,
    http://www.annacbie.com

    ps: if you do follow, let me know by commenting and leaving your url on my most recent post. then i'll skip right over to follow you back :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll for sure check out your blog x

      Delete