Thursday, 5 July 2012

In Your Face: Cosmetic Warrior.


Lush Cosmetic Warrior Face Mask (£5.75).

'This is the front line of defence for spot-prone skin. Fresh white grapes clean and cool the skin. Fresh garlic and tea tree oil are antiseptic. Fresh eggs tighten the texture of the skin. Honey softens and moisturises the skin and is also antimicrobal. We bind all of these ingredients together with kaolin and cornstarch to give the mask a smooth texture that goes on easily and does not drag or pull sore, sensitive skin. All of this means that Cosmetic Warrior fights spots and the causes of spots, without harming the natural balance of the skin and without creating puffiness.'

OK, so I know the ingredients sound angin and it doesn't smell that good or look that great on the skin but never fear, if you get past those things then you'll see how amazing this product is. I get bored of products easily so I wanted to avoid this by alternating my face masks from Lush and the lovely lady recommended this one for my oily skin. At first I was like "gosh I hope it doesn't stink of garlic" (even though I love garlic) but it actually smells more like tea-tree. I'm not gonna lie, the smell is bizarre but you get over that fairly quick. The only ever Lush face mask I've tried is the Cupcake one and I loved it; so naturally, I was expecting this to be a similar product, how wrong was I? Cosmetic Warrior is a much thinner mask which dries with a film, kind of like PVA glue does on your hand. I wash mine off after around 10-15mins and this mask leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth and above all clean and mattified. It reduced the redness and size of my breakouts and soothed any redness, which I have a fair amount of. It seemed to un-clog my pores and just leave me feeling super clean and fresh. I must say Cupcake mask, you've got competition here! I'd definitely recommend this for you oily skinned ladies as I'm really enjoying the benefits of using this product. Have you tried Cosmetic Warrior or have Lush recommendations?


2 comments:

  1. I was the same, put of by the whole garlic thing, but I think once I'm done with Cupcake, next time I'm near a Lush I'll pick up Cosmetic Warrior to try! :) xx

    http://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really like the results- its just a bit of an odd smell! Thanks for the comment xx

      Delete