Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream for Combination to Oily Skin in Light (£9.99).
Before I purchased my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream a while back, I did look into getting the original Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream but reviews suggested that it wasn't suitable for my oily skin. However, Garnier have released this BB Cream specifically for Combination to Oily Skin which is super exciting and tbh, I couldn't not try it out really could I? This is actually my first ever Garnier skincare product. Firstly, I love the packaging; I guess the slim tube stands out from the standard 'foundation tube' that most BB creams come packaged in. You get 40ml for £9.99 which is a fairly standard price as most BB creams start at around the £10 mark, excluding the Maybelline BB cream which is £7.99 for 30ml and the 17 one which is £6.99 but no where near as good quality. This BB cream claims to instantly reduce the look of pores, imperfections and shine whilst improving the skin over 4weeks. For me, these claims are real big and I can't say that I'll be testing this BB cream with everyday wear for a month however, I can comment on the initial claims.
As with all BB creams, the texture of the product is much runnier than your typical foundation more in the vein of a tinted moisturiser. I apply the product with clean hands and one layer of product is good but for me, doesn't offer enough coverage, but one layer would be great for someone with fairly clear skin. I've had a pretty bad breakout recently so I applied another layer of the BB cream, as recommended by the instructions for more coverage, and this makes all the difference for me. This extra layer gives the coverage of a light-medium foundation without feeling heavy and with the bonus of moisturising skincare benefits and SPF20. This second layer blurred my imperfections, eliminated any redness and smoothed over my pores rendering them practically invisible. This is the most buildable BB cream I've tried yet and is a great alternative to a foundation if you find them too heavy or if they give you breakouts. This BB cream is completely shine-free and remains so throughout the day, which is ace for my oily skin; its also really long lasting and doesn't thin-out in oily areas like my nose by the end of the day. I can't really comment on how this product sits on dry skin and I don't have any dry patches but it is super smooth and not at all cakey. Although I still really like using my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, using the Garnier one has shown-up the issues with the Maybelline one namely end-of-day shininess and the fact that it's not very buildable. I'd really recommend this BB cream for combination/oily skinned ladies not only during warmer weather but as a year-round makeup staple. Have you tried this BB cream or the original one?
Great review!
ReplyDeleteWish you a nice Day ,kisses
Thank you, you too x
DeleteFinally! I had the original but I hated it, it was horrible on oily skin! Really want to try this at somepoint :) xx
ReplyDeletehttp://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.co.uk
Eww I heard the original was rubbish for oily skin, you should for sure try this one out sometime, I think you'll like it. xx
DeleteI've yet to try any BB creams because I like a heavy foundation but I am thinking of getting one for days where I am just going to the gym or about my home town. This one sounds really good. I may need to try it just see if it improves my skin any because my foundation deffo is not helping it at all.
ReplyDeletemuch love.
http://missvictoriam.blogspot.co.uk/
xx
I'm a heavy foundation girl myself but I like how easy BB creams are as a sort of all in one product. xx
Delete