Broadway Nails Real Life Natural Nails Real Short (from Boots).
Hi guys, this is my first post as a 21yr old! Can I just note that I can't find these on the Boots website but similar styles are around the £8 mark but I can't honestly remember how much I paid for this set. I wanted some false nails to wear during my graduation/birthday celebrations and initially wanted to buy some Impress nails but totally didn't realise they were £9 for one set that you can only wear once! I thought that was a bit of a rip-off tbh so I bought these Broadway Nails Real Life Natural Nails and you get 36 nails in 10 different sizes, nail glue, a cuticle stick and a double-sided file. I bought the clear ones so that I could paint them but they also came in French and a nude pink I think. I'm a lover of false nails and had acrylics for about a year before it became a bit too expensive for me to justify- wearing these has actually made me want to get my acrylics back so we'll see what happens.
I applied these nails after cleaning my nails with nail varnish remover and, after matching up each nail to the appropriate sized false nail, applied glue to both my own nail and the false one then pressed the false nail down for a few seconds before moving on to the next one. Once they were all on, I pulled off the tabs and filed away any bits left over before painting them. They were super easy to apply and, for the most part, stayed on for the whole week. I had two casualties which I reapplied but I'm quite clumsy and heavy handed so I think that's more a reflection on me than the nails tbh. The instructions say that you shouldn't wear them for longer than 7days so I had to take them off last night. This was the messy part I'm afraid; I removed my nail varnish then filed off the topcoat as instructed then I soaked them in acetone-based nail varnish remover in a little dish. Not only did this seem to take forever but it was the messiest thing to do! The plastic nails were melting into this white glupe which proceeded to stick to my fingers if I accidentally touched it, resulting in superglue-like globdules all over my hands. Once I'd successfully removed the nails, the glue was the next obstacle as it just did not want to come off! It also left my nails feeling bendy and tender, quell surprise. I can safely say that this kit has left my nails a bit worse-for-wear but I can't say that that surprises me. I probs wouldn't re-buy this kit simply because it's so much faffing about when you're removing them and it makes more sense to me to just get my acrylics back! Nice for a one-off but not for me for regular use.
No comments:
Post a Comment