Thursday, 24 April 2014

Amazing Base.


I thought I'd do a post about my favourite makeup bases- from BB and CC Creams to full coverage foundations. I have oily skin with large pores; my skin becomes shiny as the day progresses but I do have some dryness on my forehead. I like bases with good coverage and a matte finish to combat my oiliness. I'm also fairly pale so I like foundations without orange or tan tones to them, usually opting for the lightest shade in most high street products. So which products do I love...



Rimmel Stay Matte BB Cream- this is great for 'no makeup' days when I just want a light coverage base, my eyebrows and mascara on and I'm good to go. It's got the kind of coverage you'd expect from a BB Cream so if my skins not the best I try and avoid this. It's great for oily skin because a lot of BB Creams are dewy but this one is deffo matte. I wear this in shade Very Light and I'd give it a 3/10 for coverage.
MaxFactor CC Cream- I'd say I prefer this to the Rimmel BB Cream to be honest! It's got a nice light coverage with a creamy matte finish. This feels more like a light foundation that a CC/BB Cream if that makes sense? I wear this in shade Fair and I'd give this a 5/10 for coverage.
No7 Stay Perfect Superlight Foundation- for me, this is the ideal in-between product of BB/CC creams and a full coverage foundation. As the name suggests, it's super light weight on the skin but as it's a foundation, it's got better coverage and lasts longer than a BB/CC Cream. This hasn't got a particularly matte finish, which for me is a downside, but this can be easily remedied by using pressed powder over it. I wear this in shade Callico and I'd give this a 6/10 for coverage. 


Urban Decay NAKED Skin Foundation- oh my love, I think this is my Holy Grail foundation. It looks so natural but it's got amazing coverage and a flawless finish! This isn't a matte foundation but it looks like a natural NAKED skin finish, hence the name of it. I hardly have to use any concealer with this and it's great for building up in specific places like under the eyes without feeling heavy. It lasts all day long and I don't have to touch it up. I wear this in shade 1.0 and I'd give this a 9/10 for coverage. LOVE! 
No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation- this is a foundation I keep coming back to time and time again. This gives a perfectly flawless matte finish that doesn't let shine through at all, even after hours of wear. It's the kind of foundation that never let's you down- dyou know what I meant? Again, this has great coverage, I wear it in shade Callico and I'd give it 9/10. 
Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination Skin- I regularly switch up between this and the No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation. I really like this one, I'd say this has the fullest coverage and it gives a really nice matte finish. However, if you've got any dryness STAY AWAY because it is unforgiving. I imagine a lot of people won't like this because it is mega full coverage but I personally don't find it heavy or cakey. I wear shade 150 Buff and I'd give it. 10/10 for full coverage. 

So there you have my favourite bases. I'm currently lusting after the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet atm which I've read is amazing so watch this space.... Let me know what your fave bases are girlies. Thanks for stopping by x

No comments:

Post a Comment