Sunday, 3 February 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer.

Rimmel Apcoalips Lip Laquer in 101 Celestial, 303 Apocaliptic and 400 Big Bang (£5.99 from Boots, currently on 3for2). 

This is the biggest beauty drop of 2013 and it's only January! Rimmel have launched a range of super affordable liquid lipsticks in a stunning range of matte shades for a glorious £5.99! I picked up three shades from the range (currently on 3for2 at Boots) in the form of Celestial, Apocaliptic and Big Bang. Firstly, I love the futuristic, space age theme of both the packaging and the shade names. I buzz off the angular lids which evoke images of gemstones and space landscapes. The silver writing is super easy to read and I lovelove the ombre effect of the tube going from black to clear to show the shade of the product inside. The applicator is a soft sponge doe-foot with a hollow well in the centre which enables coverage with one application. 

The formula is unlike any other lip product I've used before- it's super soft and velvety and matte whilst remaining hydrating and smooth. The colour pay-off is second to none and leaves a flawless finish for hours and hours. This product has some serious lasting power and when, eventually, it does fade, it fades into a beautiful stain. It can be quite difficult to remove fully at the end of the day as that stain will remain but my top tip would be to use eye makeup remover on a cotton pad (I use Simple Eye Makeup Remover). 


Celestial:


Celestial is the most beautiful everyday pink. It's quite a warm pink which I love as blue-toned pinks tend to wash me out and give me that corpse look. This is the shade I've been wearing the most so far because it's so wearable and goes with everything!

Apocalips:


 

This is definitely the pink of the year for me- it's bright, it's flawless and it's super wearable. Its a true hot pink shade with more of a raspberry tone than coral (get Stella for coral tones). This has got to be the ultimate summery shade- it's super pretty and feminine.

Big Bang:


I've not actually worn Big Bang out yet (just for swatching) but it has to be the perfect, ultimate fire-engine red lipstick. It's not too orangey and is great against my pale skin which is a rarity for a red lippy! I often find the formula of red lipsticks to be chalky and drying but this lip laquer formula is super softening and hydrating. 

I'm desperate to try some of the other shades- especially Eclipse (nude) which seems to be sold out everywhere and Stella which is a beautiful bright coral pink. I've reviewed the shades I've bought below and I've swatched them on my lips. Overall, I lovelovelove these lip products and I'm already wearing them everyday! Have you tried the new Rimmel Apocalips?

p.s Could this be the longest post ever?! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment