Thursday, 21 February 2013

Maybelline Color Whispers.


Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach and Lust For Blush ($7.49 in USA, purchased from ebay).

OK, so it's a tad mean of me to review a product that isn't even available in UK but I purchased them myself off ebay UK from this wonderful seller. So these are Maybelline's answer to the much loved Revlon Lip Butters and L'oreal Rouge Caresses, of which I love the latter and dislike the former. The packaging is very similar to the Lip Butters, but I love the semi-opaque coloured lids with the silver sleek writing on the outside. Maybelline claim that their Color Whispers are 'pure colour pigments suspended in a weightless gel'- so effectively they're coloured balms like their competitors. I went for shades Lust For Blush and Pin Up Peach based on some US bloggers' swatches. I went for these two as I thought they'd be suer wearable shades, and I was right. 

Pin Up Peach looks like a really bright coral in the bullet but on the lips it is a stunning deep peach. Lust For Blush is a beautiful blue-toned light pink which reminds me of Topshop Lipstick in Innocent. The formula of the Color Whisper is unreal- it is so soft and smooth and moisturising, I'd most liken it to the L'oreal Rouge Caresses but I personally think these are softer and smoother. These lipstick balms are really pigmented and have a great colour pay-off. The wear time isn't stupendous but I wouldn't expect a balm-type product to wear much longer than 2-3 hours. Besides, the product has a really nice scent which reminds me of chocolate orange so why wouldn't you want to reapply them all the time?! I've swatched them below so you can check out the colours. Of the two, I love Lust For Blush the most but I must say I love both shades! I want to get hold of some more of these bad boys, I fancy trying Berry Ready and A Plum Prospect next! They end up working out at just over £5, plus P&P, from this seller which is cheaper than they'll ever be if they come over to the UK. 

In a nutshell: I love these lip products- great formula, colour pay-off and shade range. Unfortunately, they're only currently available in the US. But I am officially inlove. 



Pin Up Peach:




Lust For Blush:



2 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty! I haven't seen them around my neck of the woods yet! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for sharing! :)

    www.canuckbeautyreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a look on ebay, they're not available in the UK unfortunately :/ x

      Delete