Monday, 25 February 2013

Benefit Sexiest Nudes Ever Palette.




Benefit World Famous Neutrals Sexiest Nudes Ever (£23.50 from Benefit, purchased from ebay).

I first stumbled upon the Benefit World Famous Neutrals palettes whilst trawling the internet one night and posted this about them. I managed to get my mitts on both the Sexiest and Easiest Nudes Ever palettes from ebay. I ended up paying under £12 for each palette (plus P&P) and they've since been released on the Benefit UK website priced at £23.50 so I'm well chuffed I got there first!

Firstly, I love the packaging of this palette- it's got a vintage freak show/circus/carnival poster feel to the illustrated cover of the book-like box. It's actually a lot more compact than I'd anticipated (see the comparison with the UD NAKED Basics palette) which I'm actually pleased about because it makes it more travel friendly. Fyi, the inserts can be removed so that you can re-use the box when you've used-up the makeup inside which is a nice idea. Each of the World Famous Neutrals palettes contain two Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows and four Longwear Eyeshadow Powders in complementary shades. Sexiest Nudes Ever is based around a purple palette with a silver powder and rose gold cream thrown into the mix.  

I love the idea of a purple toned palette that's wearable day or night, I think most not-neutral palettes are either a bit 80's or too bedazzled for day time. The powders in this palette are super soft, smooth and blendable with great colour pay-off. Milk It is a beautiful off-white with a super subtle highlighting shimmer running through; Raincheck? is the most stunning deep purple; Pause For Applause can best be described as a dusky lilac; and Blingo is a shimmery space age silver. What sets these palette apart is that they also contain two Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows which I have totally fallen in love with! Inside this palette are Bikini-Tini which is a rose gold metallic finish and Holy Smokes which is like a smoky aubergine colour. 

I love the finish of the Cream Eyeshadows- they are so pigmented and give even coverage without being at all heavy or sticky. They provide the perfect base for all of the powder shades and the colour shines through wonderfully, obviously depending on how much powder you blend over the top. I also like that these can be removed from the palette and used separately within your collection. So what's the verdict? This may look like style-over-substance but believe me, these shadows are stunning. I love how the colours complement each other and I've personally never seen a palette with shades like these in before. 

In a nutshell: A unique palette with a great range of colours which all work together beautifully. Definitely worth it just for the Creaseless Cream Shadows.  








No comments:

Post a Comment