[images from Google]
So I had a couple of days off in the week last week (not sick, I work shifts so Saturday/Sunday weekends don't exist for me) and I spent most of it trawling the internet, lusting after products from across the pond. It really annoys me how brands sold in both UK and USA sell completely different products, or when products come out 6months earlier in US than in UK and then we don't get all the shades in the end anyway (Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balmstains I'm looking at you). So here's my mini wishlist from the land of the brave.
1. Revlon Colorstay Seude Lipstick- I've not seen anything about these on the blogosphere and I do follow a fair few American bloggers. But I like the look of these- they're meant to be balm-infused lipsticks for strong colour pay-off with lip care built in. I'd like to think of them as grown-up lip butters as I find them a bit shimmery and wishy-washy for my tastes. From the swatches I've seen, these Colorstay Suede Lipsticks look like they're super wearable with great colour pay-off. These retail for $8.49 in Target.
2. Kat Von D Everlasting Blush- Kat Von D makeup in general is the main thing I wish was sold in UK. I do own two of the eyeshadow palettes and some of the lipsticks but I want it all man! I've just seen that she's launched some blushers and me-oh-my the shades look stunning. I love the packaging of all of Kat's makeup but this blusher looks particularly amazing. If anyone fancies buying me the shade Por Vida, then you go right ahead. This blush costs $25 from Sephora.
3. e.l.f Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow- This is another case in point of a brand sold in the UK but with different products available in the US. This looks like it could be a dupe for the amazing Chanel Illusion D'ombre eyeshadows. I'm loving the look of shades Gala and Soiree in particular. Hopefully these will be available in UK soon! These are a bargainous $3 from e.l.f.
4. Maybelline Color Whisper Lipstick- These are Maybelline's answer to the Revlon Lip Butters and L'oreal Rouge Caresses. I've actually just ordered two of these off ebay (UK from an American seller). From reviews I've seen online, these look amazing and they seem to have the best colour pay-off of the lot! If and when these hit the UK, I can assure you I will be buying most, if not all, of the shades. I love that they're not shimmery or glittery like the Lip Butters seem to be. They retail at $5.49 in Target.
5. Maybelline Baby Lips- Every UK blogger I know wants to get a load of these bad boys. I've searched on UK ebay and I've found Thai sellers and American sellers but the shade/flavour range seems to be different but very similar (the Thai sellers are cheaper for anyone interested). Essentially, these are flavoured lip balms with a hint of colour and SPF20. I'd love to try Peach Kiss (love the lilac packaging) and Grape Vine. They retail for $2.97 in Walmart.
6. Benefit World Famous Neutrals Palettes- I've already posted about these because I'm super mesmerised by them already! I sincerely hope these come out in UK because I can't wait to get my hands on them. I'm actually bidding for one of them on ebay atm so fingers crossed! I'm most excited about the Easiest Nudes Ever and Sexiest Nudes Ever palettes (I could take or leave the Most Glamorous Nudes palette). I love the packaging, the combo of cream and powder shadows and the shade range. Perfect. These cost $30 from Sephora.
What are your American beauty lust-haves?

No comments:
Post a Comment