e.l.f Studio Makeup Mist & Set (£3.75 from e.l.f).
I've had this product for ages now (here's my e.l.f haul from a while ago) but never got round to reviewing it; I find that I forget to review products that either don't blow me away nor offend me. This is one of those products that I could take or leave really. The Studio Makeup Mist & Set claims to set your makeup in place all day whilst having skin benefits in the form of 'green tea, cucumber and vitamin A C and E'. First of all, I really don't like the smell; it's really odd and I guess smells mostly like green tea of all the named ingredients but green tea isn't something I'd associate with being a nice scent. Secondly, the mist is real wet- now I know that sounds weird because (duh) it is a liquid spray but to me a mist is really light and refreshing rather than like being sprayed in the face with a supersoaker (slight exaggeration but remember those?!). To me, this completely defeats the point of it's claim of setting your makeup because in all honestly it disturbs most of it by being so wet! Initially, I thought it was just me spraying it too close to my face but no matter how far away I sprayed (obviously within range of my face) it was still real wet. Another thing that I don't like about this product is that all of the instructions and ingredients etc are on the box which, let's face it, you're not going to keep. I hate it when that information is not on the actual product itself!
So what do I like about this product? Well, despite it being so wet and initially disturbing my makeup, it does seem to have a hairspray-like quality of holding makeup- particularly eye makeup. However, I most enjoy using this spray when I'm not wearing makeup; I find it really refreshing when I'm just pottering about the house and find that it does leave my skin feeling soft, smooth and oil-free. I also like how compact it is and have found it great for travelling- it really refreshed my skin on that long drive when I went away this summer and I reckon it'd be amazing for long-haul flights. In light of this, I feel like it's a good product for the price but don't think that it deliver it's primary purpose of setting makeup as a gentle mist. I'm sure there are much better makeup setting products and I'm actually awaiting my first ever She Said Beauty Box which apparently contains Collection 2000's makeup fixing spray so I'll let you know how I get one with that in comparison. Have you tried this e.l.f spray or got any makeup setting recommendations?
i love elf products
ReplyDeletegreat post
http://elegantelady.blogspot.com/
Thank you! x
DeleteImagining you being sprayed in the face with a super soaker when you were expecting a gentle mist made me spit out my soda.
ReplyDeletehttp://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com
And the winner of the funniest comment award goes to... you!!! That definitely made me laugh! x
Delete