Sunday, 16 September 2012

Trends: Luxe Leather.


[all images from New Look]

When I was looking to explore my next AW12 trend for this series, I found it difficult to get inspired by trends compiled by the stores themselves. I decided to focus on Leather (mostly faux) as it's cropping up in clothing, accessories and shoes across the high street. I'm a massive fan of leather (not in that way) and love how it adds a tough edge to even the prettiest of outfits. These are some of my fave picks from New Look's offerings and I'm particularly loving the leather sleeves contrasted with the grey washed denim on this jacket- and it's reasonable for £30. I am drooling over these creeper boots- I need them NOW! Peplums are all the rage this season and it doesn't get more on-trend than a leather peplum dress really. This feathered ear cuff looks soooooooooo designer but is only £6.99- I don't know if I'd be brave enough to wear it but it's super hot. Finally, this lilac leathery tote bag is just stunning; it's practical cause it's massive but it just looks like liquid metal- gorgeous. I'm looking forward to wearing this trend in two ways: full on leather outfit and accessories as well as mixing textures. I've pieced together an outfit here of some existing items in my wardrobe.

Dress- Primark
Necklace- ebay
Shoes- Topshop (current stock)
Bag- Tesco

You can check out my take on the Gothic and Factory Girl trends on my blog. How will you be wearing this trend?

2 comments:

  1. Love the look you have put together and I'd happily wear everthing from the newlook selection x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I need to keep away from New Look for my bank balance's sake! x

      Delete