Monday, 17 September 2012

Chanel Rouge Allure Glosses.





Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss in Caprice and Imaginaire (£25). 

If you've been around my blog for a while, you'll know that Chanel makeup is my high-end guilty pleasure. The other week me and my boyfriend's mam had our makeup done at Chanel- basically as a way for them to show off their new AW12 collection. The makeup lady was lovely and she did my makeup really nice with a dark smoky eye and a neutral lip. When it came to deciding what to buy, I wasn't so sure but then I saw these lipglosses and after much swatching my mind was made up. £25 is extortionate for a lipgloss, I know, but we got a 10% and redeemed our deposits so it wasn't as bad. I definitely feel bad about it now cause it's a lot of money for two lipglosses that I didn't need. Anyway, onto the products...

What drew me to these lipglosses in particular was their pigmentation- they are definitely more like a liquid lipstick than a traditional gloss. They're super moisturising and not at all sticky but still look sleek and glossy, not in a tacky wet way. I've said many a time that I'm not mad on lipglosses for how clear they usually are as I'd much rather wear a lip balm but these aren't clear by any stretch of the imagination. I went for a beautiful nude in Caprice and a coraly-pink in Imaginaire. As far as lipglosses go, these are fairly long lasting and I'd say they last maybe 3hours ish before needing reapplication. They both have a super subtle golden shimmer running through that looks stunning when it hits the light but isn't at all glittery or sparkly. 

I love the plain black packaging with the golden CC logo on the lid- it's so chic and so Chanel. The doe-foot sponge applicator is quite thin so I wouldn't say it was the best applicator in the world but I guess it does the job. I am glad that I've got these as they're super nice but I don't think any lipgloss is worth £25 tbh. I hope I never blindly spend that amount on makeup I don't need ever again (until next time). Have you tried any Chanel lipglosses?

2 comments:

  1. I've never tried any of the Chanel lip products but those look amazing - beautiful shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chanel's are the best high-end lip products I've ever used!x

      Delete