Monday, 10 September 2012

17 Jumbo Eyeliner Perk & Paint.



17 Jumbo Eyeliner Perk & Paint (£3.99 from Boots). 

I wasn't intending to buy a new eyeliner at all but I'd recently seen the 17 print ads for their new Tattoo Me liquid eyeliner. Upon visiting my local Boots shop I found that 17 had gone wild and released several new eyeliners which for me was super exciting! The display was really good with individual mini-stands for each new product with a photo of the look you can create with it and a little note on how to do it. In the store near me, it was 'buy one, get one half price' on 17 makeup but I'm unsure whether this is a store-wide offer; I also bought the Clear Definition Mascara as a brow gel. Unfortunately, stock was low- otherwise I would have bought much more- but I was instantly drawn to the Perk & Paint double-ended eyeliner pencil. The photo that accompanied this eyeliner was of a super smudgey grungey look and I just had to try it out for myself. 

Both ends of the pencil are super soft upon application and don't drag the eyelid at all. The eyeliner blends and smudges like a dream without feeling at all gritty or like it's about to set any minute. Now most smudgey eyeliners come with a smudging sponge-tip to blend it out but this one doesn't; I personally don't mind as I think the look can be created easily with your finger but you can use a smudger if you prefer. I've also liked wearing the black liner in the 'traditional' sharp line and inside my water line. I like that this eyeliner comes with a brightening pencil which is the most beautiful frosted pink shade. Sometimes I find highlighters to be a bit too glittery and shimmery, especially if you're going for that unkempt grunge look, but I find this one to work really well with the smudged black liner. I've been applying the brightening liner to the inner corners of my eye, under my lower lashes and blended into my brow bone as a highlighter. I think this is such a great bargain at £3.99 and a really good duo for creating numerous looks. It'll never truly replace my beloved Avon Mega Impact Gel Pencil Liner but I'm loving having fun with it and trying out different looks. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the other new 17 releases! Have you tried any of them yet?

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness I loveeee those colors!!! so pretty. your blog is sooo cute!!!
    i saw it on BBU. I blog over at All That Glitters --> www.whataworldofpink.blogspot.com

    P.S. were did you get that eyeliner, I am seriously in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeliner is from 17 which is exclusively sold at Boots. Thanks, I'll check out your blog x

      Delete