Lady Gaga Fame Black Fluid EDP (£29.99 for 50ml; available at Superdrug).
'Tears of Belladonna
Crushed Heart of Tiger Orchidea
with a Black Veil of Incense
Pulverised Apricot
and the Combinative Essences
of Saffron and Honey Drops.'
I'm not gonna lie, I'm definitely a secret Lady Gaga fan mostly for her weird and wonderful style and d-floor classics. When I heard the Mother Monster, as she is affectionately known by her fans, was releasing a perfume, I was mildly interested but not dying to see what it was like and follow every stage of its production. You just knew it had to be something different with Gaga in charge and she did not disappoint. Fame is unlike any other perfume before it in the fact that the liquid is black but reacts with the air (or something) to become a clear spritz upon application.
Another innovation of this perfume is the use of 'push-pull' technology as the ingredients highlight different aspects of each other simultaneously, rather than the traditional hierarchical layering of notes in perfumes. Upon reading the poetic and cryptic notes/ingredients list, I wasn't at all convinced that I was going to like Fame- I imagined it to smell spiced and quite harsh; me being more of a fruity/sweet scent kind of girl. However, it is a very sweet perfume in a more sophisticated way than most of the perfumes I own. Maybe it's just because I know it's in there but I can definitely smell the richness of the incense in there as well as the other floral and sweet elements. I don't want to sound all poncey and like I know what I'm talking about with the structure of perfumes but it does smell very complex to me and seems to slightly vary in it's overriding scent.
Let's not forget to mention the packaging which is futuristic and alien-like whilst remaining luxurious and recognisable. The lid is a golden claw-like shape, oh so Gaga, which in fact stands alone when removed from the bottle. The bottle itself is a simple and elegant oval/egg shape and the packaging as a whole most definitely reminds me of the golden egg in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It's also interesting to note that Fame is actually an Eau de Parfum rather than an Eau de Toilette like most perfumes. In essence, Eau de Parfums are the purist form of a scent rather than Eau de Toilettes which are more 'diluted' with Toilette water (not toilet water I must add). So EDP are generally stronger in scent and last longer than EDT- I hope that makes sense? I really like this perfume, it's definitely something different for me and I can see it fast becoming one of my faves. Have you tried Fame or d'you think it's just all celebrity hype?
No comments:
Post a Comment