Monday, 3 September 2012

Trends: Factory Girl.

[images from Topshop.com]

Often in AW fashion there's a nod to a past decade or era and this year the 1960's take centre stage. Topshop have named their 60's inspired collection 'Factory Girl' which I think is really apt as it focuses more on your average woman in that decade rather than the rich few who could afford colourful, whimsical and expensive items. I find this collection to be very real and attainable with the wearable styles and monochrome colours. It's also very lady like and curve creating with nipped-in waists and peplums. I've picked out a few pieces from the collection which I love and will deffo be looking out for in store! I love the cute patent buckled shoes and the jumper with the embellished neckline would be super easy to replicate (I feel a DIY coming on). I'm also loving the grey marl fabrics and wooly textures that appear in this trend. I've put together an outfit from items I already had in my wardrobe so I can work this trend; I'd deffo team it with some 60's feline flick eyeliner, a nude lip, thick tights and maybe even attempt a beehive. 


Dress- Primark (current stock)
Necklace- Primark
Handbag- Primark
Shoes- Next

How will you be wearing this trend? Check out my take on the Gothic Trend here.

6 comments:

  1. i love this! i've been really warming up to black clothes, they look so glamorous and timeless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- you can't go wrong with monochrome!x

      Delete
  2. Great post !


    Lovely set ! and that necklace looks so cool and classy at the same time because of the pearls :)

    p.s: Want to win a Snake Wrap Earring ? Check out my blog en enter !
    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I think the necklace is still available in Primark you know. x

      Delete
  3. i love the handbag! :) gorgeous necklace too.

    ayways... followed you through bbu hop! i am your newest follower. :)
    i hope you can check mine too, and maybe follow?!
    http://allaboutbeingglam.blogspot.com/

    ps. i am also having my first international giveaway.. you might want to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much- I'll check out your blog for sure! x

      Delete