Avon MEGA Effects Liquid Eyeliner (£6.50) and Mascara (£10).
I missed the launch of the quirky MEGA Effects paintbrush style mascara from Avon. However, it was recently on offer along with the eyeliner so I thought I'd see if it was worth the hype. I really like the red and black packaging of these products- simple yet effective.
MEGA Effect Mascara- the unique selling point of this mascara is the style of brush and method of application. Using the thumb-shaped handle, you pull the brush out of the bottle (can't think of a better name for it!) and find a paintbrush style applicator with a normal mascara brush on the end. The bristles are super flexible and I think they're made of rubber. The handle can be manipulated into different positions so you can get to your lashes from every single angle! The mascara itself is very fluid and wet which, if not careful, can lead to mistakes and transfers onto the brow bone! It makes my lashes really long, like REALLY long but it doesn't do much volumising or thickening which is a bit disappointing.
MEGA Effect Liquid Eyeliner- I guess the release of the mascara overshadowed the launch of this eyeliner but I'm personally more impressed with this item! The pen has a nice shaped rubbery section which makes it really easy to hold and draw with. The nib itself is angled rather than pointed (like a felt tip)- I didn't think this would be more precise than the traditional style but it really is! The liquid is very fluid and wet but once it's set, it stays put!
Overall, I'm impressed with this duo and I'm glad I got round to buying them! Let me know if you've tried either of these products. I hope you're OK, thanks for stopping by x
*Please note that although I am an Avon Representative, I purchase all Avon products with my own money and I will always give my honest opinions in my reviews on this blog




I tried the mascara and I kind of liked it, but the application was a bit of a faff and took me forever!
ReplyDeleteJennie xo | sailorjennie.com
I know what you mean about the application- it does take a bit of getting used to! Thanks for commenting love xx
Delete