Friday, 25 July 2014

Harpers Bazaar's AW14 Trend Report.



I love magazines. I love AW14. So this is a perfect blog post for me. I'm fed up of seeing people in denim hot pants and tye-dye crop tops! I'm ready to snuggle up in fur, knits, lace and leather please!  AW14 does not look to disappoint with theatrical and fantastical cloaks and embellishment. So without further ado let's get involved...

I haven't got much to say about this handbag accessory than WANT! Who wouldn't want a Karl Largerfeld furry keychain?! I sure hope the high street replicate this for us mere mortals- I'm looking at you Toppers. 


Fairy tale and Fantasy- this is one of those trends that would be stunning to behold on the catwalk but it might not translate that well in real life everyday wear. I'm particularly loving the fur hooded cloak- this is just so fashionable it's rediculous. 


Tailoring- this has always been a trend that I avoid as I can't really pull it off. I'd say this is reserved for  tall slender women- it reminds me of my boyfriend's mum because she's always rocked this style with her cropped bob hair and slender frame. 

Alpine- this trend will rock the high street. I'm thinking chunky knits, sheerling and checks. This covers the layering aspect of AW so this is the snuggliest of the trends this season. 


Warm and Fuzzy- fur fur fur fur fur fur fur fur fur fur. Oh how I love whimsical colourful for coats and accessories. This is something that the high street always nails because faux fur can be so fun and inexpensive. 

Embellishment- not one for me but imagine the Christmas party dresses inspired by some of these numbers!

Geometry- I'm leaning more towards the monochrome geometric patterns rather than the 70s style gaudy fabrics.


Land Girls- this is the trend I'm most looking forward to! It seems to be characterised by checked blanket fabrics and modest hemlines. 

Thanks for stopping by x

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm definitely looking forward to the Alpine trend!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeep me too! I can't wait for some super cute Apline dresses to come out on the high street! Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete