I'm having a love affair with Nails Inc. at the minute and it's led to me trying out some of the different special effects and finishes that they have to offer. Some are new launches and some are old favourites but I thought I'd share my collection of special effect polishes- I by no means have them all but these are the ones I've tried- enjoy!
Floral- my current favourites and new launch to SS14, the Floral effect polishes are quite simply divine. Available in five shades, they contain a miriad of particles and flower sequins to give the effect of a garden or meadow full of flowers. I have two shades from the collection and didn't realise that they would have different particles in them. Floral Street Mews (pinky peach) has all kinds of round and hexagonal particals that can be built up quite thickly whereas Queensgate Gardens (blue) has dots and dash particles within it.
Sprinkles- I bought a set of three from the effect from QVC over a year ago now. Similar to the Floral effects, they contain loads of particles but this time they're uniform shape and size. They range in colour and are built within a coloured varnish so some of them become mattifies when layered- they truly do look like sprinkles!
Gel- gel effect nail varnishes seem to be the 'in' thing at the minute with their high gloss flawless finish. I have Lexington Gardens which is the most stunning lavender purple- to be honest I went for the shade over the finish. I'm not that bothered by gel-finish nail varnish, I personally don't see that much of a difference between gel and that of a good quality normal finish varnish. Does anyone else agree?
Summer Party- I think this was a limited edition finish as I got this in the sale for £5! It's a glitter top coat that contains a mixture of small metallic particles. Grosvenor Gardens is a lovely mix of silver, pink and lilac metallics that give an amazing glam finish. I love layering this over pastel shades in an ombré affect for something different.
Leather- this was a trend that could quite happily have passed me by until I saw Dalton. Oh my. This minty green Leather effect Polish screamed Spring/Summer to me and it didn't disapoint. I like say concrete effect polishes, the Leather effect is subtle enough to be different but wearable at the same time. The texture isn't rough or offensive and it's really lovely and matte.
Latex- initially I wasn't that impressed with this but I LOVE the feeling of the latex effect. It's so soft and smooth and looks flawless. I just think it's so unusual and different, I've never seen anything else like it.
So they're my Nails Inc. effect polishes! I know there are tonnes more like the denim one etc but I'm happy with my collection! Although, I do believe they've launched a lace finish which I must check out! What's you fave nail varnish finish? Thanks for stopping by x







No comments:
Post a Comment