Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Avon Ideal Flawless Light Foundation.




Avon Ideal Flawless Light Foundation in Fair (£10 from Avon).

As you may or may not know, I am a massive fan of Avon and regularly order from their catalogues. I was a fan of their Ideal Flawless Foundation but I think the shade I've got is a ad too light for me, which is saying something cause I'm super pastey and I don't even own the lightest shade! Anyway, when Avon launched the Ideal Flawless Light Foundation I thought I'd give it a try. Avon claim:

"Blends seamlessly, evens and corrects skin tone leaving skin looking radiant and fresh. SPF20. 30ml" (from avonshop.co.uk). 

Available in six shades, I decided to try it in the shade Fair. I'd say that this foundation is somewhere between a traditional tinted moisturiser and a nouveau BB cream. It's very liquid to the touch and feels super moisturising on the skin, without being at all greasy or shiny. I've found that the Light Foundation gives a dewy, healthy finish to the skin. I personally prefer a matte finish but I find applying MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural over the top mattifies the look. I find this foundation super easy to wear and it lasts all day without need for touch up. Coverage-wise, it's definitely in the light category, needing the help of a little concealer to cover redness and some blemishes. For me, the main selling point is that it contains SPF20, which is higher than any of the BB creams that I own. All in all, I like this foundation, it's not my favourite ever but I'm enjoying wearing it on "minimal makeup" days.

In a nutshell: it's a light coverage, flawless finish foundation that's super easy to wear in the summer sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment