I thought I'd share with you my lilac ombré hair routine for dying my hair. I started my ombré hair journey by having a consultation with my hairdresser- based on past experiences with bleaching my hair I wanted to make sure it was in good enough condition before I bleached it again. Then I had my hair bleached at the hairdressers as I didn't feel confident enough to get an even line of ombré myself! I now dye my lilac hair myself probably once a fortnight as its super high maintenance. Im not a hairdresser or qualified in anyway but this is just how I do my hair! So here's how I do it...
1. Preparation. This means wearing clothes you don't mind getting hair dye on, using an old towel around your neck and shoulders and getting everything out ready before you start. I've included a picture below of the products I use for dying my hair. You can use washing-up gloves but I like these disposable ones as they were about 99p from Home Bargains and you can just bin them when you're done. I personally use Crazy Colour hair dye in Lavender and Marshmallow- they're £4 each directly from the brand but are also available in Sally's traders or on eBay. I make sure I take the lids off the hair dye before I begin for minimal mess once I've got dye on my hands!!
2. Lets get messy! Now it's time you get your mess on! Now, there's no fixed amount of dye needed but use your common sense- it needs to cover your hair well. I apply the Lavender shade first, rubbing and smoothing it on to my hair to make sure that it covers all the strands. Then I personally put a little Marshmallow over the top and rub in to add some contrasting colour. Now, I know some people mix their hair dye in with conditioner and apply to the hair but my hairdresser said that this doesn't make sense as conditioner closes the hair so it won't absorb maximum dye- so I'm not sure wich is the best way tbh! Anyway, this works for me!
3. Waiting and washing. So Crazy Colour suggests you leave it on for 30mins but I'd say upto an hour is fine. Then you need to rinse it off until the water runs clean then condition your hair to keep it super soft and shiny. I look after my bleached hair using the Osmo Intensive Deep Repair Mask on a weekly basis because bleach does ruin your hair! Top tip: if you get hair dye on your skin, use nail varnish remover on a cotton wool ball to get rid then moisturise! It's not the best for your skin but it does get rid of unwanted skin dye! If you do get hair dye on your mums beloved bathroom then it should come out with good old cleaning bleach.
I hope you like the finished results! Be warned if you wanna attempt this that lilac hair doesn't last very long- after a couple of washes, it fades to a silvery blonde which I quite like but I know it's not as bright or purple as it initially is! It's quite high maintenance but I love the way it looks. Thanks for stopping by x


Love it :)
ReplyDeletekisses