So what did I do at the show? Essentially, I walked round and looked at artists' books and flash and looked at the pretty clothes and jewels on sale. My boyfriend and I had talked about getting tattooed before we got to the show but I think initially, we found it a bit overwhelming being offered so much choice and variety of styles! One artist however, had caught my eye from the moment we arrived. Constance Parkin works at Nostalgia Tattoo in Leeds and I fell in love with her neo-traditional gothic influenced work featuring cats, flies and jewels. I decided to take the plunge and get tattooed by her and I was so glad that she could fit me in on the day. This was my first ever colour tattoo and the first tattoo that I've not had planned in my brain for a year in advance! I found the whole process very liberating as spontaneity isn't my forte at all!!!
I'd for sure recommend going to a tattoo show whether you're after getting new work done or simply just fancy a nosy, I'd deffo think its worth attending one. I know tattoos aren't everyone's thing and a lot of people have very strong opinions on them but I'm not writing to start an argument or cause drama, I'm simply telling y'all what I've been upto! I hope you've all had a lovely weekend.
Thanks for stopping by x

Ahh I so nearly went to this on Sunday too but we had to leave Manchester early! Definitely going to go to the one in London in September, I've always wanted to go to a Tattoo Convention! Can't wait to see your new ink :) x
ReplyDeleteSorry for the late reply! Sorry you missed it, I've always wanted to go to the oneinLondon- might see you there! Thanks for commenting x
Delete