Sleek Oh So Special Palette (I use the dark purple shade on the bottom row); 17 Clear Definition Clear Mascara; Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown; MAC Brush in 266; e.l.f spoolie.
So, for the last few years I've become a brow fiend and you won't see me with makeup on without my brows filled in- no way man! It's taken me a while and I've spent a fair amount of time and money on products that weren't for me, but I finally feel like I have a routine that works for me. So here it is. I start by combing my brows through and I comb the hairs at the thick end straight up to make my brows look more angular. Now, I know a lot of people use brow pencils but I've personally never got on with them- I think I get too heavy handed with them and I find drawing little hair like strokes takes agessssss. I used to use the e.l.f brow kit which I really rate but I think the brown looked weird with my purple hair.
I currently use a dark purple eyeshadow out of this Sleek palette but I've got a MAC shadow lined up for when I hit pan. I fill in my brows using an angled eyeshadow brush and make sure I get between all the hairs. I naturally have quite dark brow hair even though I'm naturally fair/light brown haired they've always been darker. I don't need to fill in my brows but I like the strong look that it gives and the way that it frames your eyes. I start by squaring-off the thick end and then fill in the brow. Then I extend the brows by continuing the powder past their natural ends. Finally, I set them in place with a brow gel- normally I use this clear gel but I've recently bought this Maybelline dark brown coloured one which I'm trying out- and liking! I know some people don't like big brows and think they look ridiculous but I like them. Thanks for stopping by x


Your brows look fab! xx
ReplyDelete