Monday, 1 October 2012

She Said Beauty Box: September.

After receiving two disappointing and uninspiring Glossyboxes, I decided to research alternative beauty boxes and found myself loving the contents of every She Said Beauty box that I could find a review of. I joined up in August and the September box was my first box, the only thing standing between myself and this box was my new nemesis Yodel. To cut a long story short, I still haven't received the box I was sent via Yodel, baring in mind it was dispatched from She Said Beauty on 3rd September! The beautiful Aisha at She Said Beauty customer services has been so helpful throughout the Yodel saga and sent me another box via good old Royal Mail which arrived literally the next day. I can't give enough praise to the She Said Beauty team for making me feel like a valued customer and for being so lovely and helpful! So here's a review of the products in my September box...





She Said Beauty boxes cost £9 per month plus £2.95 P&P and you can sign up for your subscription here. Along with your monthly box you get weekly emails from the SSB team with exclusive offers, hints and tips. You also get to set up your own SSB profile page which is a really nice idea as you can interact with other SSB subscribers. The contents of the September box was the same for everyone, whereas normally they're tailored to your responses to a small beauty questionnaire (e.g skin type, skin colour, preferences etc). The theme was Skincare September and the products are a mixture of full sizes and sample sizes. The box also included a SSB treat in the form of Pop Chips crisps which are apparently a favourite snack of the stars. In each monthly box you get a card with details of the products included in your box in addition to pricing information and some exclusive discount codes.




















DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: I've already reviewed this product here as I received one with a Glossybox. This product comes in three sizes, this being the smallest at £3.50 for 30ml which isn't bad at all. 

Collection 2000 Primed & Ready Smoothing Makeup Primer: Collection 2000 has to be one of my favourite bargain makeup brands as most of the products I've tried from them have been great quality and great value for money. I really like the black and pink foil packaging of this product- I think don't think it looks like a bargain product at all! I've been trying this primer out, instead of using my regular Benefit Porefessional Primer; unlike the Benefit primer, the Collection 2000 primer is a clear, thick gel which disappears into nothingness when applied to the face. I tend to just use primer on my oily/problem areas namely my forehead, nose and chin. I find that this primer creates a good  base for my makeup and helps it last a bit longer on my oily areas. It initially feels quite wet or oily to begin with but it sinks into the skin making it feel matte and smooth. I'd say that this primer smooths over my pores, enabling smoother makeup application but I wouldn't say that it minimises them in the same way that my Benefit primer does. Overall, I think that this is a great product and I'm glad I've got to try it out. This is a full size product at £5.99 for 18ml which seems small but I think it's better for having in your makeup bag. 

Collection 2000 Fix Me Up Long Lasting Makeup Fixer: I've actually been wanting to try this for a while now after not really liking the e.l.f Makeup Mist & Set spray. As with the primer, I love the packaging of this product and think it's really cute and tiny. The spray isn't at all wet like the e.l.f spray (hooray!) and definitely feels and smells more like a hair spray. I think this product definitely sets my makeup and makes it last longer especially on my nose which is usually the first place that my makeup starts separating. I like to apply this straight after finishing my makeup and then again around tea time if I'm going out in the evening. I really like this product and I've been using it every day since I got my box! This is also a full size product at £5.99 for 18ml.






Ginvera Green Tea Whitening Marvel Gel: Initially I wasn't sure whether this was a cleanser or an exfoliator but I think you could actually use it as both. Nevertheless, I've been using it every night after cleansing with my beloved Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean. I quite like the green packaging as it represents the main ingredient of Green Tea which I sure love to drink! The gel itself is green (quelle surprise) but smells more like burnt coffee beans than green tea to me. It recommends that you apply the gel with dry hands to a dry face and buff it in then rinse off. The gel sort of soaks into the skin upon application and then little peely bits form as you buff it which seem to act as exfoliants; this isn't your typical gritty, beady exfolitaor ladies! I can honestly say that this left my skin feeling amazing- my skin feels so soft and smooth and reduced the appearance of my pores after only one use! This is the only sample size product in the September box and I'm gutted that the full size is £22 for 60ml but my gosh this is amazing. I just may have to take the plunge and treat myself to it because it's made my skin feel so nice. 

Amie Spring Clean Cooling Clay Mask: Take all images of thick, mud-like clay masks out of your mind and imagine a thin, smooth and moisturising mask and you're part way their to understanding this product. Amie is a brand that I've seen in Tescos before and the cute girly packaging has always caught my eye but I've never actually tried a product from their range before. The mask is a minty green coloured thin clay with ingredients such as organic peppermint, French white clay and lime butter which all sound super nice. It recommends that you leave the mask on for around 10 minutes and then rinse off. The mask left my skin feeling cool, clean and refreshed as well as reducing redness on my skin and tightening my pores. This is a full size sachet at £1.50 for 15ml which I've managed to get two masks out of, and it's also available in a 75ml tube for £4.95 which I think is a bargain and I may well buy myself one of these bad boys!

Popchips Original Potato Chips: I enjoyed these salty crisps very much thank you! They're popped rather than fried or baked which apparently makes them more healthy. I can safely say that I'd enjoy eating these over some other crispies! 

So there's my thoughts on the September She Said Beauty Box and I can safely say that I've loved using everything! I truly can't wait for my October box, which will be my first personalised box. Come say hello on my She Said Beauty profile

6 comments:

  1. I love Pop chips! So yummy! Great post!
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) I really want to try some Amie products!
    Claire x
    xstylishbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed using this mask and it's such a bargain! x

      Delete
  3. Pop Chips are amazing aren't they! Wish more places sold them, they'd be my default crisp if so! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- I'd never heard of them til I got my beauty box x

      Delete