Avon True Colour 6 in 1 Eyeshadow Palette in Chic Glamour (£11 from Avon).
I don't need another eyeshadow palette and I wasn't particularly after getting one; but I saw this palette in the Avon brochure and it was on offer for £6 so I thought I'd give it a go. The True Colour 6 in 1 palette is available in two shades: Blue Moods which contains steely blue and silver shades, and Chic Glamour which has warmer nude shades. I love the sleek, simple black packaging of this palette- the glossy black finish with the silver Avon logo is right up my street, no mess, no fuss. I also love that the palette comes with a huge mirror on the inside of the lid- I've been using this for on-the-go makeup application loads!
The palette includes six eyeshadows, five of which have a subtle metallic shimmer and one being matte, and two double ended sponge applicators (which I personally don't use). All the shadows have really good colour pay-off and are true to the shade in the pan. I love how blendable and buildable these shadows are- they're really lightweight on the lids and have next to no fall out (NAKED palette I'm looking at you fall out queen). All of the shades work really well together despite the two middle shades seeming quite bright. I've been loving wearing the matte mink shade all over the lid, layering the metallic bronze shade over the outer corner, then using the beautiful plum shade in the crease; this has become my perfect everyday eye. The white highlighter is beautifully subtle and not at all chalky. I've been alternating wearing the copper and the golden shadows under my lower lash line to add some detail.
This palette is a perfect 'essential shades' palette and is great for creating both day and night looks all in one! I'd definitely recommend you check this palette out and I think it's still on offer atm so get in there quick! Have to tried the Avon True Colour palette?
Would have loved to see a swatch of these colours! :)
ReplyDeleteIf you haven’t already make sure you enter my Model’s Own Giveaway which ends at the end of the month!
http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/models-own-giveaway-in-fuzzy-peach.html
Sorry! I find it really hard to get good photos of eyeshadow swatches but I'll try harder in the future :] xx
Delete