Tuesday, 9 October 2012

She Said Beauty Box: August and October (initial thoughts).

With the start of a new month came my October She Said Beauty box. However, I also won the August box from a competition that the lovely Makeup Savvy which was super exciting as the September box was my first box. I thought I'd do a lil post regarding my initial thoughts on both these boxes without me having had a chance to fully review all of the items. You can see my full review of the September box here

Before I get started, just in case you've never come across She Said Beauty or beauty boxes in general, here's a mini explanation of what's going on. She Said Beauty boxes cost £9 per month plus £2.95 P&P and you can sign up for your subscription here. Along with your monthly box you get weekly emails from the SSB team with exclusive offers, hints and tips. You also get to set up your own SSB profile page which is a really nice idea as you can interact with other SSB subscribers. The contents of the September box was the same for everyone, whereas normally they're tailored to your responses to a small beauty questionnaire (e.g skin type, skin colour, preferences etc). In each monthly box you get a card with details of the products included in your box in addition to pricing information and some exclusive discount codes.

October:



I'm not going to lie here now, I was a little bit disappointed when I opened my October box- there's only one full sized beauty item and the SSB gift is also full sized but everything else is either in sachet form which I hate, especially if there's more than one use per sachet, or in teeny tiny sample size. They're all skincare and haircare products too which I think is a bit odd with their September box being a skincare themed box, you'd think their next box would have at least a lil bit of makeup or perfume in it. The October box includes: Cellnique Advanced Bio Renewal Mask (super tiny pot); B.liv Off with Those Heads Gel (super tiny tube); Biao Rejuvenating Night Creme (sachet); Herbacin Glycerine Hand Cream (cut lil tin); KeraStraight Moisture and Protein hair masks (sachets) and My Vitamins Total Chromium tablets. 

August:



The August box, on the other hand, looks amazing! Interestingly, this box also contains only one full sized beauty product but as you can see, the samples are a lot more generous in size (apart from the tiny cologne bottle but I just think that's cute). The August box contains: 4711 Eau de Cologne (tiny bottle); Absolutely Flawless Nail Foils; Balance Me Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve; Redken Colour Extend Radiant-10; Papier Poudre (not pictured for some reason!) and White Glo Professional Choice toothpaste. 

I'm really looking forward to using the contents of the August box a lot more than the October box which I'm a bit gutted about tbh. Let's hope the November box is back on SSB form. 

2 comments:

  1. I was so disappointed with my October box - just reviewed if you want to check it out xxx

    http://ileftmyheartinmiami.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit gutted myself- I'll deffo check out your post :] x

      Delete