Thursday, 18 October 2012

Topshop Dark Side of Nude Lipsticks.







Topshop Dark Side of Nude AW12 Collection Lipsticks in Fawn and Wicked (£9 each from Topshop).

So, it happened- I bought both lipsticks from Topshop's new AW12 makeup collection Dark Side of Nude after swatching them in real life I couldn't say no! The lipsticks from the new collection cost £1 more than the Topshop core collection lipsticks- I'm not really sure why this is necessary but I guess with it being a Limited Edition collection they wanna maximise profits or whatever. The lipsticks come boxed with the Dark Side of Nude geometric black on black design on. I love the matte black packaging of the tube with the glossy geometric design on the lid. Fawn is a stunning buttery nude with the most subtle golden shimmer running through it; it's more of a beigey nude than a peachy nude like say Hue by MAC. The finish of this lipstick is fairly matte without being chalky. I love Fawn but it doesn't really suit me that much- I think because my lips are so pigmented the colour transfer isn't as pure because some of the pinkness from my lips shows through. I also find the formula of Fawn to be a little bit drying after a couple of hours. 

However, Wicked is a different ball game all together! In the bullet, Wicked is a super dark plum but on the lips it is the most stunning raspberry toned red which is super vampy and gorgeous. Wicked has a stunning glossy finish which feels super moisturising on the lips and fades after a few hours to leave a beautiful just-bitten stained berry look which is super on trend. Wicked is fast becoming my favourite lipstick and I've been loving wearing it with simple black eyeliner flick and flushed cheeks. I love Wicked but unfortunately, Fawn doesn't suit me personally that much- I must say that Wicked is the perfect AW lipstick and you should deffo try it! Have you tried anything from the new Dark Side of Nude collection?

6 comments:

  1. I love the look of Wicked :D

    www.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wicked lipstick is perfect for this time of year :)

    I’m also running a giveaway so would love if you could enter! http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/models-own-giveaway-in-fuzzy-peach.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of fawn! Wicked is gorgeous too!
    Beauty by T

    ReplyDelete