Friday, 19 October 2012

Winter Series: Accessories.

I wanted to start the Winter Series to explore my winter favourites- whether that be new trends or old favourites that I wear year after year. One of the many things I love about AW fashion is the accessories; they come in all shapes and sizes, textures and colours. All the chunky knits, faux furs and snuggley layers make me feel all wintery and Christmasy and cosy! So I thought I'd do a round up of all my favourite winter accessories to share with you all.

Ankle Boots- It wouldn't be winter without the perfect boots. I've searched high and low for many years and this year I finally found the perfect boots for me. These bad boys from Matalan were a bargain £18 and I've not stopped wearing them since I got them. They're super comfy and look good with both dresses and faux disco pants. I love the buckle and silver tips detail- they're simple yet have that something about them that makes them stand out.  
Leather Gloves- Last year, the fetish trend was all the rage and with it came long leather gloves. I got these as a gift last winter and they're both warm and stylish! I've not seen many long leather gloves this season but I have seen a few short coloured leather gloves knocking around.  
Chunky Snood- Snoods came into all of our lives a couple of winters ago and since then, they've been made in all different shapes and sizes. I love the look of a plain outfit with a super chunky, colourful snood. I saw this snood and I couldn't say no! The combo of grey and neon pink wool just shouldn't go together but in this snood it just does. I love how snuggley and cosy snoods are- it's like you're still curled up in bed even though you're out and about.  
Collars- Collars are everywhere this season and they update any old jumper or dress. I got this stunning bow with a skull in the centre for my birthday of my boyfriend which looks super nice with a denim shirt. The pearl collar is another Primark bargain which goes with everything. 
Bobble Hat- There's not much I can say about the classic bobble hat- they're super warm, hide bad hair, look stylish and are so cute. The burgundy one is from Primark and the blue mottled one is from New Look. They instantly make any outfit look cosy and wintery. 
Mittens- I mean proper mittens on string! They can be hard to get hold of on the high street but I bought some plain mittens and sewed a woolen string too them. Black is best because it goes with everything but grey and berry tones are always good winter staples. 

Faux Fur Stoles- Ohhhhh how I love stoles! Faux fur is one of my favourite AW fabrics a long with leather and lace. I love wearing a stole with a cute dress or to update my leather jacket. The purple Gucci-inspired Topshop one was an unreal bargain in the sale last January reduced from £50 to...wait for it...£1!!!!! Ridiculous! The less wild option is to go for a more neutral shade like cream, browns or grey- my other stole is from New Look from a few years a go.

So there's my AW accessories! Let me know what your favourite snuggley cosy accessories are!

No comments:

Post a Comment